Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
900 kroger fuel points, so 90 cents a gallon off, and why it was only 35 gallons. :D

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a kroger digital coupon for 4 times points on gift card purchases, bought $182 of amazon gift cards to pay for my two sets of fuel filters, gave me over 700 points, and had 200 already.

·
Registered
526 Posts
$1.17 a litre or $4.42 CAD a gallon the other day. Count your blessings, as we have had over 5 dollar per gallon prices in Vancouver last year when fuel got to 1.70 a litre.

Our gas stations work together and routinely fix the prices, peaking before all major holiday weekends.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My wife is the master at using/ buying gift cards that have 4x fuel points and as a result for the last two years I paid full price for fuel only once or twice. I usually run my truck to 1-2 gallons from empty and that way I get the maximum benifit from the dollar off per gallon.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Had a kroger digital coupon for 4 times points on gift card purchases, bought $182 of amazon gift cards to pay for my two sets of fuel filters, gave me over 700 points, and had 200 already.
Never thought of doing that. That is a good idea but I get points and cash back with my CC. I think if you buy gift cards on CCs they do not give you any points.

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife is the master at using/ buying gift cards that have 4x fuel points and as a result for the last two years I paid full price for fuel only once or twice. I usually run my truck to 1-2 gallons from empty and that way I get the maximum benifit from the dollar off per gallon.
Well, my truck holds about 88 gallons at max fill, and the most you can get the kroger discount on is 35 gallons, so I never have to stretch to get full use of the discount, and is also why I don't use the points when filling up my car that only holds 18 gallons. Feel like I'm short changing myself if I don't get the max benefit.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thought it was cheap at the Costco for $2.20 but dang.

Cheap fuel till we all die from the coronavirus.

2,567 Posts
$1.17 a litre or $4.42 CAD a gallon the other day. Count your blessings, as we have had over 5 dollar per gallon prices in Vancouver last year when fuel got to 1.70 a litre.

Our gas stations work together and routinely fix the prices, peaking before all major holiday weekends.

Lol... There is a Canadian dollar and a U.S. dollar. There is a Canadian (Imperial) gallon and a U.S. gallon.

You can't really toss these terms around !!

CAD$1.17/Litre is US$3.30/ US gallon.

In Calgary today, cheapest diesel is CAD$1.07/Litre which is US$3.02/ US gallon.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yea, we know.

Prices were listed in CAD and are subject to a thorough forum audit, and subject to editing by our accounting team.

Good catch.

Nice diesel prices in wild rose, we are back to 1.23 here.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I paid $2.79/gallon yesterday. That is a good deal here.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
900 kroger fuel points, so 90 cents a gallon off, and why it was only 35 gallons. :D
So the original retail price is $1.59 price PLUS the $ .90 discount you received ? Up here we have Get Go's . With all the fuel I purchase for work, the groceries we purchase at Giant Eagle, who owns Get Go, My wife uses the discount for fuel and several times a year gets to fill her Durango for free up to the same 35 gallons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts