Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer I decided to save a few bucks by purchasing a steering set and ball joints off of ebay for dirt cheap. This included linkages, tie rod ends, sleeves, track bar.

This was supposed to be a beater work truck which I would drive every now and then, so I didn't care if these things lasted me 50000 miles.

Well I've put less than 10 000 miles on, and they are all SHOT. The track bar was shot out of the box, with play in the joint. Tie rod ends have play, and ball joints are shot.

So, anyone considering buying cheap components, don't do it! I've wasted hours of my time installing the parts, cost of an alignment, cost of the parts, and tons of frustration trying to get this thing to drive straight.

I believe these linkages also BENT during the short time they've been installed. I measured (with tape measure) a ridiculous amount of toe in at the front tires, after an alignment was done.

Definitely not worth saving the few bucks and going with cheap non brand components. I'll be replacing everything with Moog or Spicer professional very soon.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
that sucks. i allways see that stuff on there and wonder if it is worth buying. but i guess not.

You mind as well shell out the big bucks up front and get the good sh!t so you dont have to tear it all back apart and spend more money later on down the rd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts