Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
im going to trade in my 04.5 cummins for a new one !
at $2.99/gal for diesel that'll almost be like the old days !

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If you fill up twice a month at that price diesel being 4.15 you are looking at a price savings of ~$920 a year or over the 3 years you will save ~$2800.... now the question is i bet you can negotiate more then $3000 off the sticker if you didnt choose that option.... just a thought its a gemic to buy a new vehicle.....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'd try and jew em down an extra $3000 anyway. 6 years is better than 3.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
exactly and you know they will not come off the price any AT ALL if you are getting this card try and throw out how it will save you 5000 bucks or something ....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I bet a bunch of people are going to enter this blind and not even think about asking for a few more dollars off. Heck, if they want a sell, gonna have to do more than the free fuel.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
well..i priced out a 6.7 at our dealers site..its was 35k

my uncle works for the dodge dealer so knock off 10% sor 31.5K

then with the gas savings of 3000 a year I would more or less have a new truck for 28.5K

that is for a 2008 dodge 3500 QCSWB 4x4 laramie well equipped

it may actually be worth it:w:

but then add the price of all the deletes on top of that

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
well..i priced out a 6.7 at our dealers site..its was 35k

my uncle works for the dodge dealer so knock off 10% sor 31.5K

then with the gas savings of 3000 a year I would more or less have a new truck for 28.5K

that is for a 2008 dodge 3500 QCSWB 4x4 laramie well equipped

it may actually be worth it:w:

but then add the price of all the deletes on top of that

its not a savings of $3000 a year that savings would be total of 3 years if you are talking about the gas card in order to save $3000 a year you are going to have to fill up 72 times a year and if you average 500 miles to a tank(about 15mpg) you are going to be putting 36,000 miles on a year... and I am sure there is a cap per year on how much you can spend

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
its not a savings of $3000 a year that savings would be total of 3 years if you are talking about the gas card in order to save $3000 a year you are going to have to fill up 72 times a year and if you average 500 miles to a tank(about 15mpg) you are going to be putting 36,000 miles on a year... and I am sure there is a cap per year on how much you can spend
my mistake..i did mean three years because that was the math that was done when I posted that..i not sure im capable of racking up 36,000 a year when Im in highschool

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
yeah, they'll keep costs down as much as possible.
if they didnt, the ole corporate pocketbook had better be pretty deeeeeeeep.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wouldn't do it. It said on the website that was for 12,000 miles a year for 3 years. I drove double than that last year.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Wouldn't do it. It said on the website that was for 12,000 miles a year for 3 years. I drove double than that last year.

Patrick
i just heard 700 gallon limit

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts

Patrick
Yep only 12.000 miles a year,...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts