Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Alright fellas I'm a new Diesel owner, I need some advice on how to boost up my 2012 2500 4x4 trying to stay close to stock & cheap lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
best you could do if you want to stay close to stock, is some sort of street tuner

·
Registered
590 Posts
Cheap is a relative term when it comes to diesel trucks. Everything is pretty expencive just keep that in mind when modding your truck when you toast a part.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Any performance enhancing device has the possibility of voiding your warranty. But in keeping everything stock, a Smarty Jr. is likely the best bang for the buck. If you get one of the older ones, it can be reprogrammed if you should delete the emissions equipment later on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yo Bro, if I were you, I'd hit up the local Autozone and pick up some of the wicked stick on accessories like the fake vents and such, and maybe a cool clamp on mega exhaust tip for the exhaust. These mods are cheap, and will have you boostin in no time flat...

Seriously, spend a little time reading around here on the forum. You will find a wealth of knowledge on modding your truck. There are not many cheap options, so if you are not willing to spend some money, I'd leave it all stock for now...

Most folks start with deleting the aftertreatment, which requires the use of a tuner. Tuners start around $500 and go up from there.

Have fun, and enjoy your truck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you are looking to keep everything stock looking and want the ability to go into the stealership without them knowing you did anything. get the ATS fuel atomizer. fairly easy to install and it makes a world of differance, can even turn the dial while you are in the throttle and feel the added power coming in. best money i spent for performance that is easy to remove when going into the stealership for work if you ever need anything done under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts