Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, Do I have to return the truck bakc to stock when changing tunes from 1017G to 1017H or changing any of the 1017 for that matter? But I do have to return the truck back to stock going from 1016 to 1017, Right?

I forget sometimes,

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe that you are correct, from the 1017 just do an install download without returning to stock. From 1016 to 1017 you have to return to stock then install 1017.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
ya exactly, if your have 1017 tune installed, bring card in, copy, paste, overwrite old files, bring to truck, select install download then change settings and bobs your uncle

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If you don't want to have the issues of seeming like there is no power...you are going to have to return it to stock....do a quick format on the card.....install the new files...change vehicle on pmt...then install download.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did it as MATTIAC said and I have no issues, I am liking H alot more then G

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I did it as MATTIAC said and I have no issues, I am liking H alot more then G

What do you like better about H? I am havin a hell of a lot of black smoke with G, almist too much. I cant even get on it a little without filling up the streets. Should I try H?
Gettin some surging/bucking on decel on xtreme

·
Registered
16 Posts
1017H update, HOW?

I have the 1016 on my PMT. I put it back to stock and then deleted the 1016 folder on the SDS card, then loaded the 1017H folder to the SDS card.I tried loading the SDS program to the PMT. But when I load the PMT with the new program folder it still says 1016 on the PMT. I read about delete and cut and paste and over rite files but dont know what files to delete.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I have the 1016 on my PMT. I put it back to stock and then deleted the 1016 folder on the SDS card, then loaded the 1017H folder to the SDS card.I tried loading the SDS program to the PMT. But when I load the PMT with the new program folder it still says 1016 on the PMT. I read about delete and cut and paste and over rite files but dont know what files to delete.
To go from 1016 up to 1017 it seems to work best:
Going back to stock
Install the Newly updated SD in the PMT
Do a change Vehicle (that's up from the normal download menu tab) & download.
It will then go thru the usual process of downloading and saving. It should update you settings screen now. :thumbsup:

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
What do you like better about H? I am havin a hell of a lot of black smoke with G, almist too much. I cant even get on it a little without filling up the streets. Should I try H?
Gettin some surging/bucking on decel on xtreme
I have the same amount of smoke with H as I did G and power seems to be about the same to me, best thing is the bucking is almost gone but there just a little bit not much at all though i recommend going to h

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

to delete, you need to format the card. to do so, open my computer, right click on the SD card folder and choose format. then unzip 1017H and extract it to the empty SD folder. Also, you can NOT copy and paste 1017 files into the folder when there are 1016 files(1016 files will not be gone until you format) you can only copy/paste/overwrite when you are replacing 1017 files with 1017 files. also make sure you bring truck back to stock if you are going from 1016 to 1017, if you are only updating 1017, then you do not need to go to stock first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1017H update, HOW?

Hey got the PMT updated and loaded, runs scalded on extream and pretty good on tow. Now to decide if I need the EGR unplugged or not, this is a 2008 C/C. Had it unplugged on the test run. I use alot of veg. oil in my mix and need this to run without DPF and EGR. Have blocker plate in EGR, resistors and DPF got misplaced some where.Thanks alot for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts