Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on changing my trans fluid and pan. I have a 2007.5 6.7L with the 68RFE trans. My questions are, is there a thread on "How to" do this and is there a drain plug or hose to drain the remaining fluid once the pan is removed? Thanks for any info.:S:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil is only about 8,000 miles old. Had a mechanic flush it in Sept. and put the factory pan back on. I've had a small drip ever since and decided if the pan was going to come off, i would go ahead and put the MagHytec pan on with Amsoil Universal ATF. Just didn't know if I could drain this at home with basic tools and limited know-how.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But how do you get the remaining fluid out once the pan has been dropped? Its my understanding that the pan fluids is only about 1/3 of the total that is in the transmission system.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed an article in Diesel World this month with a guy using Amsoil Universal in his 68rfe trans. I then emailed Amsoil today and got their reply that the Universal is suitable for the 68rfe. It is also posted on their website now as well.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are exactly right or I would have done it in Sept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.