Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting gauges and deep pan in this week. Curious while I am there if I should drain all the trans fluid out, if so how do I get the fluid out of the TC? I only have 30k miles on the ticker...

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you jack the front of the truck way, way up you will get some of it out it doesn't have a drain. The converter holds around two quarts and it takes forever to drain even if you pull it and try dumping it, it still takes about an hour to get it all out.

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
I change my trans oil every time I change the motor oil at 7500 miles. I do not drop pan just open the drain plug on trans and let it drain. That way its about 80% new all the time

·
Registered
261 Posts
I change my trans oil every time I change the motor oil at 7500 miles. I do not drop pan just open the drain plug on trans and let it drain. That way its about 80% new all the time[/QUOTE

Where'd you get your pan?

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Put plug in stock pan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i got a 08 mega cab , i have the edge juice w/ attitude monitor and of coarse othermods and want to install the boost fooler and Mp8, i was just wondering how the quadzilla boost fooler works and the Mp8 with the edge.

·
IL Chapter VP
3,500 Posts
hey i got a 08 mega cab , i have the edge juice w/ attitude monitor and of coarse othermods and want to install the boost fooler and Mp8, i was just wondering how the quadzilla boost fooler works and the Mp8 with the edge.
What? I tought this was a transmission thread.:hehe::hehe:

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,476 Posts
:welcome: Go to the 6.7L performance section and look around. You'll find threads you can jump onto related to your question. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I change my trans fluid every spring and fall, before and after trailer season. I change both filters at the same time. Like Terb said an in pan drain plug is a huge asset. You can install one in the stock pan. Most after market deep pans come with built in drain plugs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When you change the sump filter do you replace that gasket? If so how the heck do you get it out easier. I finally took a screwdriver and hammer and mashed it in to grab it with pliers. I know if there isnt a nicer way to get it out its gonna stay next time around.

My Mag-Hytec pan plus the 2 filter took over 10qts to refill fyi. I heard someone else say 9 so it was a surprise to me. What has everyone else put back into the mag-hytec pans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installing Transmission drain plug

I am planning on installing a B & M drain plug in my 68rfe transmission's stock pan. I would like to drill a small pilot hole for the 1/2 inch drain plug hole in order to be able to drain the pan into a bucket before loosening the pan bolts. I'm getting tired of spilling stuff on my driveway.

Terb, could you tell me where on the pan you installed your drain plug? I don't want to drill the hole where it might interfere with something inside the pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts