Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stared to install the MP8 today. I started with the pressure plug for the rail.

Man. . That was a real PITA!

I had to loosen and move the air horn to get the plug out.

The instructions said it was tight too. Man they weren't kidding!

I bought the replacement plug MP8 sells, The instructions are for a DuraMax. I had to hunt all over the place to find it. Much to my surprise, it was not in an easy place to change.

Next I will tackle the connector on the back of the rail. Runs pretty good now!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
You will be very happy with it once you are done. Makes it run so much smoother. as well as the MPG +

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Cowboy

All I did was change the plug and put in an AFE Blue so far. But I swear it ran better just the way it is.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may sound strange. . .

All I had time to do today was the AFE and the fuel plug. The fuel plug took way longer than I thought and was pretty tough for this senior to work on. But we have the technology.

Anyway. . . I actually feel a marked increase in the power before I plug in the computer the way it is. MMMMM

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
You might see a slight increase because the shims allow the Rail Pressure to go a little higher before it releases.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was thinking that too. Thanks. Either way, that's pretty cool.

That right there starts the efficiency on it's own. Higher pressure, better spray off the injectors, better burning, less throttle needed. But that only works when you are moving. The rail pressure increases as you drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts