Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the interior from pre 97 to 98+
I was just wondering if anyone has done it before and whats all involved. Does the dash just bolt in and what about the gauges ?

:peelout

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I dont think its every just a bolt up kind of thing when you start swaping parts from different year trucks.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,270 Posts
I think kev is right. That will prove to be a royal pain. The electronics on 99+ fords are ground activation like on Toyota, opposite of earlier fords.... Not to mention how you are going to make the dash and door panels fit.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
I am going to say, I have done a complete swap of interior. This was for color only, and it was a PITA. The dashes on these trucks are a royal pain, and I would say you are going to run into problems...You need to go to the Junkyard and look at both, and possibly reconsider. Why do you want this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
seat bract locations the same? power wires and connectors interchangeable? for power seat controls i mean.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Seat brackets are not the same. I already put some 01 seats in my 96. I used some spacers and made it work, but they are slightly different. You will also sit a few inches lower than before with newer seats --- which felt really wierd for a few weeks.

Dash -- dash will bolt right in, but I have not gotten to the wiring yet. Early 2nd gen trucks (gas or diesel) are all interchangeable. The best way to put the newer dash in is to pull out the wiring harness and swap them as well -- this is a HUGE PITA tho.

I was going to do the whole swap, but am now just swapping cabs. I really want the 98 styling with 4 doors. Plus my truck needed a paint job anyway. :$:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts