Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1999 3500 has the metal frame mirrors , not sure what direction I’m going with this truck , may consider a SRW conversion .
Just trying to figure out if I’m going to need a complete donor truck or just buy the parts as I go .
The metal mirrors were not on the selling plus list , just wondering if anyone knows if the power mirror wires are in the door box ?
May look for a complete donor truck , my doors are in pretty good condition , they have factory tinted glass all the way around , I have a little rust on the passengers rear , not worth swapping the doors at this point would just unbolt the big metal mirror frames .
I like the mirrors but the just hang out too far for my needs .
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1998.5 Ram 3500 SLT Laramie 47re 241dhd 4wd Flame Red/White Waterfall Paint Mist Grey Leather
90 Posts
Does your truck have power windows and locks? If it does then you will have a unused plug for the power mirrors. Your HVAC control will not have the heated mirror button so you will not have that function (unless you replace the controls) May also need to put a fuse in the fuse box for Power mirrors, but they may be powered off the power window fuse.

If you have manual windows and locks then you will need to run wiring.

I think the triangle trim removes and new mirrors will bolt on. All doors are the same.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Welcome to the forums, there's lots of good information here.
If mirrors are the worst of your problems... YAY!
Nice truck.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Obviously you'll need the L and R power mirror adjustment switch too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice looking rig, 4wheelgreg.. I've said it before but these 2nd Gen 3500s are about as badass looking as they come. Think i need to find one. :)

Reactions: 2002CTD
1 - 7 of 7 Posts