Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have about 52k miles on my truck, but I've been getting some squeaking noise when I'm coming to a stop. It kind of feels like I may have a warped rotor so I plan on changing them out along with the pads. Does anyone have any experience with Napa or Autozone's replacement parts?

Also, if anyone has some tips on making this project, I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
At around 47,000 the rears on mine were gone, the fronts are still at 50%. I replaced the rear pads and rotors, I purchased them from Carquest, no problems yet.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
170 Posts
I only have about 52k miles on my truck, but I've been getting some squeaking noise when I'm coming to a stop. It kind of feels like I may have a warped rotor so I plan on changing them out along with the pads. Does anyone have any experience with Napa or Autozone's replacement parts?

Also, if anyone has some tips on making this project, I'd appreciate it.
I've got about 48k on mine and noticed some squeelin and ALOT of break dust on my wheels. Its funny you ask cuz I just got my truck back from the shop today thinkin I needed new breaks/rotors/somthin. Picked it up and the guy said Ive got a good 12k before I should check them again. All he did was clean em and didnt notice anything loose or warped that could have been squeelin. Turns out alittle break cleaner did the trick NO MORE SQUEAL!

So here I am thinkin hell I coulda done that myself, as im pullin out my wallet. But the guy didnt charge me, said it was nothin (which Im sure it wasnt)

Anyway Id check that before buyin anything new since I thought I was in the same boat. Just my $.02 :thumbsup

Ricketts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my other reason for this is because I'm going to be putting on 35's so I figured I could use the extra stopping power.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the rotors do turn out to be in rough shape, bring them to a automotive machine shop and see if the can be turned down some. They will let you know if there within spec and it would save you a bunch of money instead of buying new rotors. I bring mine to a place that charges $15 per rotor and I get them back in a day. Just a suggestion instead of buying new rotors.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had rotors cut before and had no issues. I was hoping to keep the OE ones and have that done in case I need to do another brake change. I just don't want to wait a day to have it done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts