Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice or hints on how to remove the old & install a new stock lift pump on a 04? Does it have to come out from under the truck? It's tight enough just getting my hands in there to change the fuel filter, how do I get at the pump behind it?

I remember one time I had to get at something on my 01 behind the fuel filter can and I removed two 10mm bolts at the top of the fuel filter and there was enough play in fuel line to push it aside, is that possible on the 04, so I can get at the pump?

· Registered
67 Posts
I jacked up the driver's side and put a jack stand under the frame and I was able to get at the pump. It is a long reach. It uses hex head machine screws to hold it in and there is an o-ring too.

N Dennis

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have to get at it from under the truck.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
You should be able to come from under the hood that's how I did it the outside two are pretty easy the inside are a little difficult.

· Registered
32 Posts

i changed mine on my 03 i thought it was easier from the top side but you have too do it all by feel

· Registered
30 Posts
The top side is the less painful way, only probably is finding a comfy way to lie across the motor. It uses 5mm hex machine bolts to hold it on, and the hose all the way to the frame rail comes out with it.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Remove the fender liner and it is easy to reach over the wheel. The liner is easy to remove.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How does the fender liner come out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.