Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd share the knowledge for those of you who don't like the idea of running new wire through the door and all that.

when you get the old speaker out, you'll see it has a large white plug attached to the door. unplug it and remove the speaker with teh whole harness attached.

on the white plug still attached to the door/vehicle, there will be two wires that come from the dash hook up. your colors may be different, but they are there. they are at the edge of the plug, + and - right next to each other. the right door has a blue/orange and solid blue. if in doubt, turn on your stereo and hook up a test speaker to the pair of wires. if it works, those are what you want.

for the left door, same thing, same location on the white plug. i forgot the wire colors now and the door panel is already back on, but they are in the same exact location as the other side just different colors.

just cut the wires about 1" from the plug, strip the tape back and splice in a new section of speaker wire directly to your new speakers. install speakers and enjoy.

i used 6x9's and a 1" adapter spacer mounted to my door panel for clearance. that way i keep nice solid bass up front while my sub in the back fills in the low end. most 6x9's won't fit in the stock hole without hitting the window regulator and glass, that's why i mounted them to the door panel with spacers. i cut the stock grill out of the panel to allow for clearance and sealed the spacer with right stuff from behind to keep the front and back waves seperate.

Reactions: TxCTD0159

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
EXACTLY what I was lookin for thanks! on the 6x9s up front I cut 4 brass spacers for the screws (all i could find) and of course there is a massive gap all the way around. does it make that big of a difference that its sealed? My problem is my kenwood performance series
6x9s sound like craaaap i have to keep the bass level in the negatives on my alpine head unit. Sounded like that right out of the box the only thing I could figure was the factory infinity door amp causing interference or screwing with the signal? Any ideas? While im thinkin about it I also have static on the drivers side speaker when i open and close the door because I a wire is probably exposed somehow SO worst case scenario if I wanted to run all new wires how would I get through that damn plug on the truck where the flex ends???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts