Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have a issues with there radio not holding presets ?? every couple days 1 or 2 channel diverts back to the weather channel ?? also i have tried to reset the oil change lights many times using the 3 gas pedal down trick but it will not reset ?? any ideas

·
2010 Cummins
106 Posts
Just had my first oil change and dealer had to reflash to get message to go off.Don't know about radio mine works fine so far.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My radio does the same thing. I called sirius and they said take it to the dealer. I gave up on it for now.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, guys at least i am not the only one having

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I had my oil changed yesterday and the Dealer had the same trouble. Apparently they were trying it too quickly. They finally got it to reset by pressing the gas pedal down slowly and deliberately. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
i couldnt get my oil change message to go off either. i did it slow an then i started the truck after the last pump of the pedal an it went off fine..... i have not had any problems with the radio presets either.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Presets:
I assume you talking about the Sirius stations?
I just had some problems w/ my Sirius presets reverting back to Weather defaults.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Presets:
I assume you talking about the Sirius stations?
I just had some problems w/ my Sirius presets reverting back to Weather defaults.
yes exactly what happens to me

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I had my oil changed yesterday and the Dealer had the same trouble. Apparently they were trying it too quickly. They finally got it to reset by pressing the gas pedal down slowly and deliberately. Hope that helps.
i couldnt get my oil change message to go off either. i did it slow an then i started the truck after the last pump of the pedal an it went off fine..... i have not had any problems with the radio presets either.
i will try both in the AM thanks,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Copy and Paste from 2010 Manual (Gasser)

Here's a copy and paste from the 2010 RAM 2500/3500 gasser manual explaining the procedure already outlined by a few members earlier........ hope this helps to confirm proper procedure.

CHAngE OIL Message
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The CHAngE OIL message will flash in the instrument cluster odometer for approximately 12 seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle-based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate dependent upon your personal driving style.
Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON position. To turn off the message temporarily, press and release the Trip Odometer button on the instrument cluster. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start the engine).
2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tried fast and tried slow, still won't reset even had the wife try it, still no go

·
Registered
33 Posts
Weather Defaults ?????

Today...... 3 of my presets somehow defaulted to channel 184 Weather Channel ?????? anyone have any further insight with this issue ???? Not a big deal, but more just curious why it's happening....

My radio does the same thing. I called sirius and they said take it to the dealer. I gave up on it for now.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
i had the same problem with mine
weather chanels came back all the time
took it to the dealer and they told me they had problems with the hard drive in the unit
it iswhy it is not keeping the preset

they changed my radio

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just reset mine:

1 - ignition to "on"
2 - pump pedal 3x's
3 - start truck

I tried pumping then turning the ignition to "off" first and couldn't get the message to reset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Satellite Radio not Holding Stations & Reverting Back to Weather Channel

I am having the same issues with the satellite radio not holding the pre-set stations, and going back to the weather channel.

I bought my 2010 Dodge 3500 Diesel truck at this horrible (crooked) dealer in Indianapolis, and have taken the truck back for a laundry list of problems, and the radio issue has been returned going on 5 times. They even changed out the radio, and the new one was even worse.... The dealer claims that I am the only one with this issue, and give the usual answer... "can't find a problem".

It's good to know that these forums are out there, because these crooked dealers & manufacturers can't get away with their BS any more....

Going back to the dealer for 6th time with radio issues & diesel fumes in the cab, which seems to be another major issue with these trucks, but of course the dealer says that I am the only one with the problem..... hahahahaha!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts