Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
we just sold a 14 srt8 cherokee for 70k cash...so i'm guessing the hellcat will be near that
Srt vehicles Allways bring a premium and they don't flex the price on them, I ordered a black on black srt grand Cherokee with black wheels and every possible option minus the trailer hitch, I came out at 67,500... But I've bought a ton of Chrysler products, which may help me get a better price :confused013:

From what I was told, the hell cat initially will sell for over the listed price, example would be when the new gt500 mustang hit dealers, it was listed for 60k, but initially they were selling for 80k or so, now you can get one for 54ish.

·
The Digital Bullet
2,478 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Still want an Alpha GTR.

Hellcat is nice, but EVERYONE looks at GTR's.

Here's a pretty stock GTR vs pretty much a Hellcat : 2013 GTR vs Supercharged Challenger SRT8 - After Hours Mopar Performance - Drag Video - Road Test TV - YouTube

And my future car vs what a Hellcat will do: AMS Nissan GT-R / GTR Alpha 12 v Supercharged Dodge Challenger RT - Road Test TV - YouTube

Yeah, this thread is about the Hellcat, but: 1400 Horsepower AMS Performance Alpha 12 Nissan GT-R - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube
GTRs are sweet, no doubt, but it's apples to oranges. Won't see my family and all their gear in a huge trunk, comfortably taking road trips in a GTR. American muscle roar vs import strung out crack baby. To me there is just no comparison.

Just this short video moves me in ways no GTR, ever will.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.2 Hellcat revving - YouTube

·
The Digital Bullet
2,478 Posts

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Thanks fellas! vvvv He got ya there Mike, he got ya there:hehe:

GTRs are cool, no doubt I'd love to have one. But I'd take the Hellcat over it any day. I'm an old school muscle car (Mopar specifically) fan, so I gotta stick with them, even the new incarnations.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
And plus what's so fun about floppy paddle shifting lol. GTRs are pretty sweet and definitely a head turner for sure. If I had the money to buy anything though it would either be one of the new c7 zo6s or some sort of Porsche. With that being said the price on the hellcat is pretty hard to beat.

Tim I change my previous statement saying I would take the gt500 over it. I figured this car would be like 80k+

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The Digital Bullet
2,478 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
And you can't take a GTR cross country because it has 2 seats?

Same logic applies.
I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. Like I said before, it apples to oranges. Like comparing a Screamin eagle Harley to a GSXR. Same mode of transportation. Both great at their intended purpose, but different ends of the spectrum. The road trip comment came from the fact that my wife has a challenger SRT8 and it's just such a versatile car. We absolutely can, and will do road trips in it with our 2 kids, comfortably. And yet when I'm alone in, I can turn it into a very capable muscle car. Fast fun, smooth. Someone above said it best. A challenger is a muscle car not a sports car. GTRs are a great car, no doubt. But for 60,000 a 41 year old guy with 2 kids can have an amazing 707hp car that you can also claim as practical to the wife. Very few other cars can make that claim.

·
Unreconstructed
5,937 Posts
I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. Like I said before, it apples to oranges. Like comparing a Screamin eagle Harley to a GSXR. Same mode of transportation. Both great at their intended purpose, but different ends of the spectrum. The road trip comment came from the fact that my wife has a challenger SRT8 and it's just such a versatile car. We absolutely can, and will do road trips in it with our 2 kids, comfortably. And yet when I'm alone in, I can turn it into a very capable muscle car. Fast fun, smooth. Someone above said it best. A challenger is a muscle car not a sports car. GTRs are a great car, no doubt. But for 60,000 a 41 year old guy with 2 kids can have an amazing 707hp car that you can also claim as practical to the wife. Very few other cars can make that claim.
That's my only complaint about my Mustang....There's just NO room to put anything. The trunk is big, but the opening to the trunk is tiny. You can't get a cooler in there because it's so short front-to-back. But if you could get a cooler in through the opening, it would fit in there fine...

I originally wanted a Challenger, but the pricetag on the SRT8 or R/T (whichever model has the big 6.1 Hemi) was about $18,000 more than I paid for my Mustang... I couldn't justify comparable horsepower, more weight, but more room in the car for $18,000 more dollars.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Tim I change my previous statement saying I would take the gt500 over it. I figured this car would be like 80k+
Good man RB, we can be friends again.:hehe:

I originally wanted a Challenger, but the pricetag on the SRT8 or R/T (whichever model has the big 6.1 Hemi)
That would be the '08-'10 SRT8's. The 6.4 came out in '11 in the SRT's. 5.7 in RT.

·
The Digital Bullet
2,478 Posts
I asked my wife which she'd rather drive cross country in, Brian's car or Dom's car.

She said Brian's.

Different strokes.

·
Unreconstructed
5,937 Posts
Good man RB, we can be friends again.:hehe:

That would be the '08-'10 SRT8's. The 6.4 came out in '11 in the SRT's. 5.7 in RT.

It was a new one (2013)....So it must have been the 6.4 Hemi model...Whatever the big Hemi model was for 2013.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Im really contemplating trading or selling my 07 SRT8 charger for a hellcat... anyone wanna buy a mint charger with less than 5000 miles? LOL

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
That's my only complaint about my Mustang....There's just NO room to put anything. The trunk is big, but the opening to the trunk is tiny. You can't get a cooler in there because it's so short front-to-back. But if you could get a cooler in through the opening, it would fit in there fine...

I originally wanted a Challenger, but the pricetag on the SRT8 or R/T (whichever model has the big 6.1 Hemi) was about $18,000 more than I paid for my Mustang... I couldn't justify comparable horsepower, more weight, but more room in the car for $18,000 more dollars.
The wife really liked the mustang, but there was just no way with the family. Great car though. The one she drove scooted right along, but she said there was just no room for the kids. Your looks pretty dang nice though.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I asked my wife which she'd rather drive cross country in, Brian's car or Dom's car.

She said Brian's.

Different strokes.
Gonna have to forgive me here, but I don't know Brian or Dom and I don't know what they drive, but as for different strokes.....absolutely. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, how old are you and your wife? My wife is 40 and I'm 41. Just old enough to remember the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. I guess that's why this hellcat speaks to me, and why our srt8 really brings a smile to my face. I felt like a kid again lusting after those muscle cars of the era. I think the hellcat can be appreciated by the younger crowd, but the guys my age and older can really appreciate what the intent of this car is and lust after the styling cues of old.

·
The Digital Bullet
2,478 Posts
Gonna have to forgive me here, but I don't know Brian or Dom and I don't know what they drive, but as for different strokes.....absolutely. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, how old are you and your wife? My wife is 40 and I'm 41. Just old enough to remember the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. I guess that's why this hellcat speaks to me, and why our srt8 really brings a smile to my face. I felt like a kid again lusting after those muscle cars of the era. I think the hellcat can be appreciated by the younger crowd, but the guys my age and older can really appreciate what the intent of this car is and lust after the styling cues of old.
34 and 33.

Was never a super huge fan of muscle cars. I do like the Hellcat, but would rather have a fast import. Just my preference.

61 - 80 of 391 Posts