Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a valair ceramic dual disc with billet fly wheel and hydrulics installed about a month ago and ive put about a thousand miles on it. its always been jumpy on take off and i was hoping it would smooth out. hasnt yet. if i bring it up to about 15-1800rpm and pretty much launch it, its smooth. i originaly wanted an organic DD but valair talked me into the ceramic. not complaining. im just wondering if its ever gonna smooth out. i dont expect it to be organic/stock smooth but i was hoping for better. it does hold like a mother effer, never realized how much the stocker was sliping. am i doing something wrong?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think it is a learning curve! The nature of the beast, I now have over twice the surface area as before as I went from 12-3/4" to a 13", and now have four surfaces rather than two.

My Valair DD Organic is still a bit jumpy after about 600 miles, old stock SD I could let the clutch out at idle and then accelerate, smooth. If I try that with the new clutch it gets real jumpy. I need to come up to about 1,000 rpm and ease it just a bit, then it is smooth most of the time.
If it allows me to pull hills without slippage pulling my 5th I will live with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.