Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ceramic coat exhaust manifold

3398 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  glocklove
I just got quoated $270 from Jet hot to coat my ATS manifold. Does that sound right ? I want to get the 1700 degree coating . I am thinking coating the turbine housing too.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Actually it sounds right, I got double coated and it was like 495$ with shipping.

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of this?

· Registered
523 Posts
Here's a pic for you, I had the second coat done in red, came out almost orange. I then painted it with red VHT high temp paint, looks more red in person.

· Registered
25 Posts
I got Jet Hot to spray my ats manifold. It was coated in Jet 2000 which is good up to 2450 degrees. I was told that is the only coating that they use on diesel stuff. Be sure to tell them not to coat the joint because they coated mine and now it won't go back together.

· A Couple Diesels
3,147 Posts
why waste the money.... get manifold and turbo exhaust blankets for under $300 and really cut your heat down.

i can put my hand on the turbos and manifold without a problem......try doing that with just the ceramic coated ones

· Registered
400 Posts
I just got quoated $270 from Jet hot to coat my ATS manifold. Does that sound right ? I want to get the 1700 degree coating . I am thinking coating the turbine housing too.
Sounds high - the 2200*F ceramic we use is less than half that.

How the heck do you spray the INSIDE of the exh manifold?
Electrostatically, similiar to powder coating.

well it can be done may not get the best coverage, lol. why is that needed?
Coating the inside of the manifold prevents a percentage of the heat energy from reaching the metal in the first place.

I got Jet Hot to spray my ats manifold. It was coated in Jet 2000 which is good up to 2450 degrees. I was told that is the only coating that they use on diesel stuff. Be sure to tell them not to coat the joint because they coated mine and now it won't go back together.
V-band flanges usually have to be resurfaced after ceramic coating for a good seal.

why waste the money.... get manifold and turbo exhaust blankets for under $300 and really cut your heat down.

i can put my hand on the turbos and manifold without a problem......try doing that with just the ceramic coated ones
The most effective thermal management scheme is ceramic coating both the
interior & exterior of the exhaust tract in addition to thermal blanketing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.