Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really, how bad are they...?

I can get the dual disc setup for not much more than a stocker and a hell of alot cheaper than having a valair/southbend sent all the way up here!

Im not building a 1000hp/2500ft/lb sled puller. Just a mild toy to dink around on the streets and go 4wheelin with.

Im not sure exactly how far im going to go with the truck but for now i dont have plans for much more than some 370s and possibly a different turbo (maybe something that would be usable for a future twin upgrade..?)

So, without bagging the hell out of it every time i drive it, how bad would it be?

Tcase is getting dropped when the lift goes in (to be rotated) so ill already be half way to having the tranny out. No better time to do the clutch...

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, sorry its dual friction. Mixed it up there cause i was checking out the southbend and valair dual disc setups earlier!

·
Registered
18 Posts
South Bend all the way!!!!!:thumbsup

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
Bad, i have one(not purchased by me) Tryin' out a Valair, heard nothin but good things about Southbend.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Don't make the mistake of buying that piece of garbage. My buddy has a 96 Cummins completely stock except a #10 fuel plate, timing adj, and a boost elbow. That dual friction clutch won't hold Sh*T, he can't go past half throttle or else the F$%ckin thing slips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts