Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have alot of play in my cs bearing. Does anyone know if this is normal?
Im thinking not. Ive always thought the driveshaft should not have any movement in the bearing.
Anyone know?

·
Registered
963 Posts
The bearing is in a rubber mount and will have movement, when the bearing is going out it will heat up and the rubber will get hard and then the play will be the bearing loose in the rubber. When it is failing the the bearing will turn in the rubber.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much movement do ya think?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Don't even sweat it. It's supposed to be able to wiggle around. You'd probably know if it was actually broken. It should wiggle up and down maybe an inch or two if you yank on it, and should slide back and forth a little as the second shaft has a slipshaft, and the yoke can slide back and forth.

I had trouble pushing the bearing out of the rubber bushing, and did trackbars, shocks, and even tried to RTV it in place before finally wrapping wire around the bushing to prevent it's escape. I'm guessing I've got about 900 ft-lbs of torque and a moron behind the wheel which is not conducive to the longevity of drivetrain parts though! :hehe:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts