Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a post somewhere about how someone made a sub box for the front center seat. Ive been searching around for it and cant find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
186 Posts
i got one a couple years ago off ebay for a 12in sub, works well enough. try googling 'dodge ram sub box center' or 'dodge ram sub box console'. i found a few. or give crutchfield a call.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i think it shouldnt be that hard making a fiberglass insert for a 10 or 8 that will fit in the center and just run the wire through a drilled hole in the bottom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
JL audio. Stealth Box makes a center console with a 13.3 sub that rocks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, thats nice, but have you looked at the price tag? I saw a thread where someone had measurements of how they made their box. I was hoping to find that, as I plan on building my own. I already have a sub and amp, just need to make a new box to fit in the truck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
pull the center console and take your own measurements. How come everyone wnats others to do the simplest things for them?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
you can take measurement with it in. its called a measuring tape...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas big help. Im wondering how big a box needs to be. I dont know much about building boxes but I do know that if you make a box too big or too small it sounds like crap. Sorry I was lookin for some help, I wont do it again. So the question is can it be made the exact same size as the center console there or what.

·
ICC Advertising Director
930 Posts
Thanks fellas big help. Im wondering how big a box needs to be. I dont know much about building boxes but I do know that if you make a box too big or too small it sounds like crap. Sorry I was lookin for some help, I wont do it again. So the question is can it be made the exact same size as the center console there or what.
That type of info will be based on the sub you choose, size of the sub will effect the volume needed as will type box, best to figure out what you want and work from there.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. I have a 12" audiobahn immortal in an absolutly massive box. Not sure if I can squeeze it into a small enough box for the truck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i had a console box for awhile, and you are correct..it has to be a certain size cf, depending on the sub. Most console boxes for a 12" sub will only end up around .5 to 1 cf, so you need a sub that works well in a small box. I didnt like the console box though, so i ended up buying a foxbox to go under back seat. Sounds alot better

·
ICC Advertising Director
930 Posts
There have been a few HUGE boxes posted up. Check out the accessories and installations sections too.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Your best bet is to look up the specs on the particular sub you're wanting to use. It should give cubic feet of volume needed. Then, it's left to your imagination to construct the box with the features you'd like that contains this volume.

One trick if space is a limitation, is to stuff the box with some fiberglass insulation and be able to get away with a little smaller volume.

--Eric

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Just wondering why you're going through the hassle of using the front console, instead of under the rear seat(s)?

10" JL Dub 1's and 3's fit great under the rear seats, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better sounding sub.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already have an awesome sub and dont want to buy new ones otherwise i would go under the seats. I also thought the central location would give it a good sound. But I do love JL's. I used to have two 12 inch W6's in my jeep.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cant find specs

Ok so im searchin for the specs on my sub to make a box. I searched for the audiobahn website to be able to see how much volume a box needs and I just cant find anything on it. Does anyone know where I can find this?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Audiobahn AWIS12P Audiobahn 12'' Quad 2 Ohms Immortal Series Subwoofer ... Sealed Box Volume, Not Recommended. Ported Box Volume, 1.45 - 3.4 cubic feet

Hope this helps...

--Eric

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i got a center seat box in my reg cab with a w6 sounds great broke out my back window once already 2nd day i had it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts