Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have a 02 quad cab with the front buckets and the center console. with the 6 speed stick that center seat is worhtless except as a place to hide new mags. I was wondering. Is it possible to unbolt the center seat cushion and just mod up my own center console. i'm thinking of putting a sub box in the center and then building a bigger console with more/deeper storage around the sub.

any thoughts/ comments/ideas. let me know. i mite look at removing it this weekend. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
On my 98.5 the center section has a completely separate frame from the seats. It is bolted under the same fasteners as the seats. I could take it out and have bucket seats with a gap in the middle. I looked at a 2003 when they came out and the three parts appeared to have a common frame.

I don't know what they did in 2002 but it should be obvious when you look under the seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 10" sub box mounted in the bottom seat compartment

·
Dumbass
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice. i think mine should be the same as the 98. I'll let you know when i dig into it this weekend. should be pretty easy to unbolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts