Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Cel

923 17
hey guys just did the stage 1 delete last night. put it all back together and installed sims didn't change the tone much at all which im not to worried about. But i am still getting a CEL after the edge deletes them. It takes about a minute for them to come back on. There is 2. The diesel particular one and the cat. i believe they are both temp CELs. Just wondering why they come back after there deleted? thought the edge was suppose to keep them away!
thanks guys
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
Double check your shims and make sure they are pushed in all the way.:confused013: I had one that wasn't in all the way and it gave me grief...:doh:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k i will put it back on the lift tonight and give them a check.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Did you install a pressure SIM? If not then the Pressure sensor has to be kept installed with open ports.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didn't do the pressure sim i just took the hose and looped it so no dirt can get in. I just rechecked all the sim connections and put some elctrical connections grease in each one still get the CEL. They are over temp sensors. I dont think they are bad but would just like to get them to stay off. They stay deleted for about a minute.

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
Don't loop the pressure sensor tubes together. They must be left open.

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
i didn't do the pressure sim i just took the hose and looped it so no dirt can get in. I just rechecked all the sim connections and put some elctrical connections grease in each one still get the CEL. They are over temp sensors. I dont think they are bad but would just like to get them to stay off. They stay deleted for about a minute.
OverTemp codes come from the H&S SIMS. That is by design.
Look in here and decide if you want to be code free with possible regen at some future time or positively no regen w/codes.:confused013:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-tech-articles/233548-egt-sim-basics.html

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could it be a possibility that my sims are bad or something? cause the edge will clear but they come back would think that once there cleared they should stay away but the computer is telling it different?? idk im confused

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
could it be a possibility that my sims are bad or something? cause the edge will clear but they come back would think that once there cleared they should stay away but the computer is telling it different?? idk im confused
The edge will not clear the codes for overtemp sims. The CEL will return after warm up. If it is bothering you then check with James at RSD and get a set of the 330 ohm Shibby SIMS. Good price. :thumbsup:

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will i go into a regen and then to a limp mode with these sims?

· Registered
344 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread, but i read the new EGT sim basics but i am still wondering the same thing i think. I understand with the 330ohm will go to regen is that with just the sims and no pressure box sim or does that not matter

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry to hijack your thread, but i read the new EGT sim basics but i am still wondering the same thing i think. I understand with the 330ohm will go to regen is that with just the sims and no pressure box sim or does that not matter

i don't have a pressure sim either. A buddy of mine had the h&s sims and he said it threw codes but couldn't remember which ones so he took them out and put 110 ohm resistors inplace of the sims and is code free. His edge tells him he goes into regen every now and then but don't go into limp or has any noticable change and he has 5in turbo back

· Registered
300 Posts
I have the H&S sims and have had no problems so far. I have had my DPF delete on for a month and put over 3000 miles on my truck. The only thing I get is my check engine light is on becuse I don't have a programer yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.