Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a check engine light and P245a this morning.(egr cooler bypass circuit open) Should I wate for the the new flash that is coming or just take it on in. What ticks me off is I just put my brute force on and now I will get to take it all back off. The truck runs fine though. Thanks for the help!!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would have them fix it whenever you can get to the dealer. The flash could be real soon but who knows.

·
Registered
343 Posts
you cai is the problem

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I had about 3 of the p245a codes when I first got my truck. I can't remember what flash fixed it but is was last summer. I have not had it again. I am running an afe mega-cannon with pg-7 filter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you cai is the problem
How is my cold air intake causing the problem?? I don't understand how this could cause a egr code? Has anyone else had this problem. The intake has been on for about 600 miles with no other issues Any help would be great, the dealer closed in my area and it's an hour drive to the nearest dealer.
Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
you are getting mor air into the system which is causeing the cel all i did to mine was put a 59 filter which is half the size and got the code everything is computer controlled if you ride it around it will learn it and go off
its just not used to seeing the better flow in air

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are getting mor air into the system which is causeing the cel all i did to mine was put a 59 filter which is half the size and got the code everything is computer controlled if you ride it around it will learn it and go off
its just not used to seeing the better flow in air
Thanks that saves me a trip to the dealer. The check enginge light wen't off and the code doesn't appear when I cycle the key three times now.:thumbsup

·
Registered
343 Posts
and people think im stupid LOL

·
5,055 Posts
Haha, doubt anyone thinks that. LOL!

Good Catch Chop

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Just a question. Why does mine never throw that code anymore. I have been running the afe mega-cannon with the pg-7 filter for 30,000 miles now. I put on the dry when I clean the pg-7 no codes.

·
5,055 Posts
I guess the truck is learning.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine popped up with the P245A code today. I have had the icebox on for quite some time now.

Should I put the old filter on for a while? This is such a BS code!

·
Registered
343 Posts
ride it out for awhile and see if it leaves

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Have had an AFE Stage II with Pg7 on my truck since it was brand new and never threw that code or any others for that matter.

·
Registered
281 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts