Cummins Diesel Forum banner

CEL on

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  smoke46 
#1 ·
My CEL just came on yesterday. However my overhead has been telling me to change my engine oil but I dont want to because Ive only got 4or5000 miles on the amsoil 5w40. Just wondering if the CEL came on because of the oil status or because the silencer ring is out of my turbo? Little help and has this happen to anyone else?:help:ohno::sad2:pray:

#2 ·
Check the codes by turning the key on and of 3x and leaving it on the last time. Watch the odometer. it should show the code then say done. TO reset the Oil Change light, turn the key on (truck not running), push the accelerator pedal to the floor 3x then turn the key off.

It may be a turbo code due to the Silencer Ring removal

#3 ·
P0489 is the code

#5 ·
P0489-egr Control Circuit Low. Could this code be from the silencer ring removal?

#9 ·
Eventually it will all be figured out. Dodge is not the only one having issues. Read around. Also reading the forums the issues seem far worse then normal because thats what Forums are for, Help with troubles.

#10 ·
egr cleaning. Me or the dealer doing this?

#13 ·
Word, I put it back on after the turbo surged, huh, seems like I heard it would do that. Anyways, its a one piece ring now; I welding both pieces together and polished them.:w:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.