Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cel on

826 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jomobco
2000 miles and owned for less than one month. :banghead: takin to dealer on monday.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,521 Posts
Turn your key to the run position 3 times and leave it in the run position on the third try. This will show your code in the odometer spot.

· Registered
15,315 Posts
I don't think thats works with the new evic center in the dash

· Registered
1,030 Posts
2000 miles and owned for less than one month. :banghead: takin to dealer on monday.
I threw a soft code right after purchase. Something about the EGR temp sensor failed its diagnostic at start up. Reset at the dealer and no trouble since (>2K miles). Pretty safe to assume yours will also be emissions related.

· Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine actually went off today. i was hopin it would reset on its own. Doesnt give me a good feeling if stuff is throwin codes this early

· Registered
622 Posts
It's stored in memory if you still wanna take it in.
I'd bet money the dealer will lie to you and say "no code stored" so they don't have a record of an emission related code. I had that happen more than once. I finally ended up going to an independent repair to document the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.