Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

CEL after GHD

654 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  bd797
For awhile now, I have been running with a GHD. The wires have been taped off and no problems. After the batteries were disconnected, the CEL has appeared. The computer must have rebooted after the disconnect and no longer sees the GH. I tried to reinstall the grid heater to clear the code. A mechanic tried to clear with a scanner also. No help. Can anyone help me with a fix.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,102 Posts
Did you disconnect the solenoid by the batteries? If so you will see the check engine light. I forgot to hook it back up when I installed my twins and got the code.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not disconnect the solenoid. This is a 2005. The truck was hit, so I took it to the body shop. The batteries were disconnected while they were working on it. After the batteries were connected, CEL. Otherwise the truck has run fine and no codes before battery disconnect. I never did disconnect solenoid.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do GHD from aftermarket companies come with resistors or some thing so that the computer thinks the GH is still intact?

· Registered
1,102 Posts
The grid heater works the same for all 03-07. Where was the truck hit? Did you have the GH delete on before with no problems before it went into the shop?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Been running GHD for months. No code. One battery disconnect for work. Now code.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truck got dented only on fender and door. no other damage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.