Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting a cd/dvd player in my 01 and it has the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Will those buttons work the new cd player with the right adapter? Can i change the cd player in it? Thanks for any and all input.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you buy that extra plug or is it in the wiring harness already?

· Registered
716 Posts
did you buy that extra plug or is it in the wiring harness already?
All you have to do is have a stereo that is capable of a wired remote and is compatible with a PAC integration controller. Order the PAC adapter online, which I think I got mine for about $30. The adapter seems like it may be crazy to wire up but it is not... just three wires to the truck and one to the stereo and then programing. I made my thread as detailed as I could. Hope this helps ya! feel free to ask any questions...

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HELP!!!! I am wiring a jensen cd/dvd player upand all my wires are wired correctly and everything works but when i put a cd or dvd in i have no sound. What is wrong? It has sound on the radio just not on cd/dvd's. On the factory wiring harness it has a yellow wire that the factory radio says its the park wire. My harness adapter dont have a wire to connect to it. Could that be the problem? I can hook it up in anything else everything works and everything has sound but not in my dodge. Help me please

· Registered
366 Posts
Dont know if you've already figured this out or not but.... i assume your truck has a factory amp being what you've said...

on the back of the jensen there is a blue with white stripe wire.. this is the remote turn on wire

I also assume you have the blue wire out of the back of the radio hooked to the blue wire in the wiring harness that plugs into the factory connector

all you need to do is hook the blue/white wire from the radio to the solid blue wire on the harness that plugs into the factory harness...

hope that helps ! :thumbsup:

Chris

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chris thats what it was. Works great now.

· Registered
716 Posts
glad you figured it out. I was about to pull my dash apart and take a look since that was the only part of my install that I didnt take any pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.