Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy, so im installing my cb finally and im putting it under my front middle seat and was wondering where i should run the wire from the unit to the whip? is there a plug in the hole somewhere near? also i have stacks and dont want whips, are some of you guys running the magnate type that just have the base and a smaller antena that stick onto your roof? if so what kind are you using and could you post pics? thanks!!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I've had good luck with the short magnetic Wilson "lil wil" and then I have ran the coax in the extended cab window, under the seats to the unit. I have also ran the coax underneath along the frame and ran it up by where the driver door opens into a hole that comes in by the pedals...if you can follow that. :confused013:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run a wilson 1000 .. magnetic mount on roof. the wire goes down between bed and cab then you run it under cab.(ziptie to frame) through the drain punch out under drivers floorboard then just run it under carpet to where radio is

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
i did mine like 99/2500. but i have whips, the two coaxls go between bed and cab, and come up under the floor to the drain plug under the seat, and ran under the middle of the carpet, so everything nice and hidden. if you go this route, obviously make sure you plug your drain hole back up nice and good. a cut sheet of tin or aluminum and some nice rtv work well.

Reactions: Goat_Hauler

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did mine like 99/2500. but i have whips, the two coaxls go between bed and cab, and come up under the floor to the drain plug under the seat, and ran under the middle of the carpet, so everything nice and hidden. if you go this route, obviously make sure you plug your drain hole back up nice and good. a cut sheet of tin or aluminum and some nice rtv work well.
thanks guys! there is actually a drain plug under the drivers seat that i just take a punch to and knock it out and then cut a little slit into the carpet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
my cb is on the center hump butts up to the trim piece of dash so i ran the wires under the carpet then up in trim then came under the plastic center piece right to back of radio so i didnt need to cut carpet....but you can cut a small slit under the cb just to expose as much as you need.. it will look better than wires running everywhere:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts