Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I just bought a Cobra 18 and going with the wilson " little wil " antenna which the the magent type. Ive been doing some searching on here to find out where/how to run antenna wire but really couldnt find an answer. Ideas or pics of how you ran the antenna from the roof? drill holes? go threw the little square black antenna type thing on the newer trucks?...any help would be great thanks:thumbsup:

Nate

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have seen them go through the 3rd brake light before but that could leak i reckon:confused013:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not bad idea...any one else with pics or ideas of how they ran antenna cable?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpppp^^^^^

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
you have a quad cab, just run it in the back door.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is run through the rubber grommet in the fire wall for the cab wiring, under the cab, and back up between the bed and cab.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I cut a slot in the edge of my 3rd brake light and ran it down behind the plastic trim then under the drivers seat and over to the CB mounted on the side of the center console/shifter cover. then I put some black silicone were it ran behind the light.:thumbsup:

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
I ran my sirrus wire through the headliner and brake light. was pretty easy to do once you figure out how to get the liner down without braking stuff. It comes down easy as well. its a very nice clean install that way. I dn't think the wire for the antenna is much heavier then the sirrus antenna wire.

·
Registered
623 Posts
keep in mind over a period of time a magnet mount will wear into the clearcoat and then into the paint on your truck.

last year I was sitting in an old service truck, I noticed the truck was peeing on my head, the antenna had worn through the paint causing the sheet metal to rust through:lol4:

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
i just took off the brake light, and ran it through the hole, i have the lil will antenna too, picks up purty good..

i'd take some pics, but it's rainin here now ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for input guys...third brake light it is....for guys with 3rd gen perfer an 06 you got the 3 wires from CB where did you splice in at to get it power and ground?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts