Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where are you guys getting the cat stacks from? i wanna get one for my dually

· Registered
621 Posts
i think most folks are making them out of alumized exhaust pipe and painting them black. Anything from cat will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where the crap do you find 8" exhaust pipe?

· Registered
1,330 Posts
I just randomly called around to metal shops and was able to find a guy with 8' of 8" pipe that he sold me pretty cheap. He said he had had the pipe for 10 years just collecting dust, I think he was glad to finally get it out of the shop. I called cat and they wanted 300 for a stack from them.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres not many metal shops near me to call. got any of that pipe left? haha

· Registered
251 Posts
I found this place Online metal Store they have just about any size tube. but its HREW tube not exhaust tube, which is better if you need to weld it anyways.:thumbsup:

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet what gauge is good for exhaust?

· Registered
251 Posts
sweet what gauge is good for exhaust?
Id say probably the thinnest one they have i think it goes down to 14 gauge, The bigger the tube gets the thicker they offer. if you want an 8" and you use 8 gauge the stack is gonna weigh like 60 pounds or something ridiculous. As long as you have good mounts for it i guess it doesn't matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.