Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a cat delete do anything by itself on 06

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? I have bully dog cold air exhaust brake and just wondering if taking cat off would help with power I dont really want a too loud of a truck

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You probably won't notice a change in noise.

The reduction in back pressure will yield theoretical EGT reduction and improved efficiency, I doubt you'd ever notice it at near-stock power levels.

It's illegal.

The truck shouldn't notice. I don't think?

·
HI
3,448 Posts
It's illegal.

[/I]
nothing is illegal unless you get caught. :lol3:the only thing they will check you for is emmisions and you will pass any test without the cat. the turbo works as an emmision devise which will let you pass any test

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did not notice any improvement in milage or powwer. I do think there is a little more exhaust whistle. that is all i noticed.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
nothing is illegal unless you get caught. :lol3:the only thing they will check you for is emmisions and you will pass any test without the cat. the turbo works as an emmision devise which will let you pass any test
The states I've lived in haven't had smog tests for Diesels.

But, on any smog test for a gasoline car, they check to make sure that there's a converter.

Also, just because you don't have to get it smogged doesn't mean it's not something you can get a fix-it-ticket after you annoy a cop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just Gut The Cat Out...that What I Did And Then If You Get Pulled Over And The Officer Looks Under And Sees The Cat Youll Be A Ok But If He Or She Doesnt See A Cat In Texas Here Theyll Fine The Heck Out Of You...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts