Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Castor/Camber settings for 2005 QC 4x4

1204 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  CJS
Can someone please clue me into where i can find the alignment specs for this truck. Also, are there any tricks to aligning this beast or any special machine required to achieve proper alignment. Thanks/Clay
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap - i just read my first post and i made it sound like i was doin this myself. Let me say I have had my sled at a front end shop 4 or 5 times and they can't seem to get the front end alignment right. They have replaced upper and lower ball-joints with moog adjustable uppers and moog lowers and they say there isnt anything else that needs to be replaced to stop the truck from wandering but i am "wondering" if there is a better alignment setting than what the manual calls for?

· Registered
212 Posts
Does it pull to the right as they all seem to even in perfect alignment? You also have to consider road crown.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it pull to the right as they all seem to even in perfect alignment? You also have to consider road crown.
It doenst come back to center very well. Its like when you correct it it overcorrects every time and you wind up going right left right left right left.

I have tried 2 or 3 different PSI combos and can't seem to get that to help either. 50 PSI's in each tire is what i currently have. I am still thinkin it could be related to the moog adjustable upper ball joints but want more info before i take them off.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just called Federal - Mogul Corporation (owns Moog) and spoke with a tech that said they are now making non-adjustable upper ball joints for a dodge diesel but that they are on back-order. He was very aware that Moog adjustable upper ball joints were causing alignment issues.

Here are the specs he gave me for a Dodge 2500 4x4 deisel QC Short Bed:

Castor = 4 Degrees (Min = 3.25, Max = 4.7)
Camber = 0 degrees (Min = -.5, Max = +1)
Toe = +.10 (Min = 0, Max = .20)

He said that a truck could still be properly aligned with the adjustable uppers but may take a few trial and error runs of slowly adding castor until you are happy with its drivability.

Anybody have any experience with this? Please speak your results.

· Banned
1,115 Posts
Any updates? i am too having issue's with the alinement of my dually.

· Banned
1,115 Posts
i have the adjustable uppers and this is what the machine said i have going on

caster....4.2 left 4.6 right

camber.....0.2 left 0.4 right

total toe.... 15*

but my individual toe is -0.15* left and +0.30* right what gives?

thrust angle is -0.3 total

and individual is -0.35 left and +0.15 right

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is still the same - all over the road and dangerous. Im thinkin its time to remove the adjustable uppers and install Carli uppers or spicer uppers. No problem money couldnt solve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.