Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had nothing but horrible dealings with Reno Dodge!! They are crooks and there service dept are worthless!!

How is Carson compared and how about Fallon?? I don't want to drive all the way there but I can and then ride my bike home. I need to get the new flashes done to my truck and the trans is making a wierd noise
I just cringe at the thought of giving any buisness to Reno

Chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chris,

I have dealt with Carson Dodge for warranty items since the mid 90's they have always done a good job for me.

They also have a very good diesel tech, his name is Eric. Try to have him work on your truck if you can.

I have been very lucky with my 06, it has only been back to the dealer once. I had the front pinion seal replaced rifgt after I bought it. (6,500 miles)

Eric will be installing a new CP3 on my 06 this Wednesday afternoon, I'll try reply to let you know how it goes.

FWIW: The 06 currently has 27,800 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Carson wasn't too bad. They did some things I am not real happy about but over all it was tons better than Reno. They said they did the flash for the overhead to update the DPF info but I never recieved the sticker for the visor or an adendum to the owners manual. Also they ended up charging me 41.00 for looking at a rattle out of my exhaust that turned out to be from the flatbed company cutting the tailpipe off. They cut it back right at the place it curves back by the tire. I need to do some digging about that one.

Over all I would recomend them.

Chris

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I hate Reno Dodge. Tried to have them do a TSB on my truck, they refused to do it because my fluid was 18k miles old. said thats what was causing my hunt to shift. They recalled my speedo, and said that would fix it. Also Lithia jeep here in Reno is authorized to do Dodge warranty work, if it isnt engine related, I'm going to take it to them and see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stay Clear!

Sorry about the late post but I just found this and am chomping at the bit to put my 2 cents! I have had nothing but bad expierences with Reno Dodge. Finally got so bad that I told them to keep the oil changes that I financed at the time of purchase and do my own services now..... I have taken my truck to Carson Dodge to have gauges and what not put in so I dont burn my truck down myself and they have been great! They treat me like I bought my truck there. Always fair. And Erik is def. someone you can trust your truck too. I just feel bad I didnt shop there first.....I will next time....

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Just an FYI, Carson Dodge is where John Holms from the TDR used to work. I believe he is retired now but has built a strong relationship with the aftermarket crowd. He was one of the first to start May Madness and worked heavily with The Turbo Diesel Register. He held classes called DIesel 101 to help inform new diesel owners about all the stuff they need to know about their trucks. All done with the support of Carson Dodge. They should be a great place to go for support.
My 2 cents.:thumbsup

·
Registered
98 Posts
Carson Dodge's Service Center is a JOKE:banghead: they refused to do work on my truck because i have a air raid intake on it. There diesel techs are all complete idiots i took my truck down 4 times before they finally told me they wouldn't work on it anymore until i took off the air raid. (Just a copp out for them because they were too dumb to figure out what was wrong with it) took it to Reno Dodge and they fixed it first try. Was just a bad map/boost sensor. But I will say next time I'm in the market to buy a dodge Carson Dodge's Sales/Financing staff are second to none

1 - 8 of 8 Posts