Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall Where Are You Getting Your Carrier Bearings ? I Just Called Napa A While Ago And They Told Me That It Was A Dealer Item? Is This The Truth ? I Know That The Stealership Will Rape Me. Please Help With Any Info My Rig Is Down Untill I Can Find One, And You All Know How Bad This Feels, So Thanks For Any Info :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer told me they dont sell the bearing seperatly, so they gave me a whole new driveshaft including the carrier @ 74,xxx miles under warranty.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Now U May Think That This Is A Dumb Idea ,but If U Fold Sand Paper Into Flat Pieces U Can Shim It Up Where The Rubber Is Worn And It Will Fix Ur Prob. Ive Had Mine Like That For About 3 Months I Think It Is Better And Stonger .its A Quick Fix

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Price From The Dealer Is 190.00

·
Registered
105 Posts
My local driveshaft shop has them for about $80. He told me that the one off of an older Dodge, not sure which year, was stronger. He had one in the box and showed it to me. It was square where mine is round. Everything will bolt right up. He said he's done several this way there just more durable.

If you can't find one anywhere I can probably find the shops phone #. He might ship it to you for a couple bucks or get you the part #.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts