Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed my rize 8" lift today i have a 2500 quad cab long box manual....just curious if anyone knows how far to drop the carrier bearing and if the t-case index ring is needed thanks

· Registered
108 Posts
Most likely yes to the index ring, but first get your carrier bearing dropped, then drive it. If your vibration is gone you dont need to do the t-case, if it does, you do. How much is your back end lifted? I have the 4" block and dropped mine 1 and 1/4" but I think most trucks will be diffrent, no set rule. We did mine three times with diffrent shims until it felt good. I had to index my t-case with only 7" on the front, but I did not install the bracket provided by Superlift to drop the back of the tranny, I felt that tipping the trans and t-case down it would make the front drive shaft angle worse. If you crawl under there you will see what I mean. Hope this helps

· Banned
28,330 Posts
On that much lift, Id definately index the t-case. Dont most 6" lifts do that? The damn driveshaft is so short in the first place, youd almost have to.

I dont see how dropping the trans would make the angle worse...its the same thing as indexing the t-case. Your lowering the point at which the driveshaft connects to the case.

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
i dropped my bearing 2''.
mine is lifted 6''s in the back

· WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the leaf springs and 2" blocks in the rear to make it sit level...so i guess 8" in rear....now do you index the t-case even with manual transmission? 1piece drive shaft? i have my carrier bearing dropped 2" and it still vibrates. imm goin to get my alignment done again and wheels balanced again for good measure just double check everything i dont want something to break

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
for yours to sit level, it would be lifted 6''s in the rear

· WYOMING CHAPTER VP
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for yours to sit level, it would be lifted 6''s in the rear
hey thanks man. after takin another look at it seems the noise may be from my front drive shaft...so indexin t-case this weekend. im nervous and want to get this done so when im finished with my engine build i can hit the dyno with no worries

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.