Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like several others, I am tired of getting beat to death on oil field roads from the stock coils. I am gonna ditch the spacers and order a set of lifted coils this next week. I am looking for honest opinions of which 3" coil to buy. I am looking for longevity and a coil that won't sag over time. I even looked into the 3" synergy suspension coils, but haven't heard enough about that company to make a decision. Anyone with personal experience, please chime in. Coils will be ordered Monday...... Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've had both. Thurens are softer and I didn't have any sag.
Carli are multi rate and stiffer. They have not sagged either Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of the Carli multi rate coming in contact with each other and making a clanking noise on small bumps....? Thuren looks to be a regular spring...... Can anyone attest to the carli's having this problem, also have noticed that Carli has a 2010+ specific coil, while thuren is 03-11. Any reasoning behind this. Thanks guys. Just want to make the right choice the first time

·
Registered
553 Posts
The 4 th gen is heavier. My carli coils sit higher then the thurens.
Carli are multi rate to go with their valving. Thurens are a linear rate coil to go with his shocks. I don't hear my coils slapping, though I don't hear much over my bypass shocks and nor would I care.

You can't go wrong with either choice. They are both high quality fully tested parts.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
^ as stated above you cannot go wrong with either choice imo. Now i have ran Thuren product's since 09 and his fit/finish, quality is superior and that is who i will be going with for suspension on my mega cab.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Which did you choose?

I know I'm adding this after the deadline, but I have owned systems from both Thuren and Carli. My experience was that Don Thuren will communicate with you, even after the sale is made, and Carli will not.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had Top Gun Customz on my 05 and they rode much better than stock. I just have the pucks on my 10' hope to get springs and control arms here when it warms up.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't chosen yet. Was gonna order Monday and it's been "one of those weeks". I measured a friend of mines truck that installed Carli coils on Tuesday and his sits about a 1/4" taller than mine with just a spacer. I really don't want anymore height to stress the front end parts. I'm guessing from others posts, that Carli will be about right at 3" for the 4th gen coil, and thuren may be about 2.75". Which is close to where I sit now. Decisions, decisions! Haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the Thurens. I have no way to prove it, but I feel like my truck actually uses more of the available suspension travel with these springs. With the Carlis, it felt like all of the lighter rate coils were compressed by the truck's own weight, and that it took bigger impacts to get the other, stiffer coils to move. Obviously, there are other factors at play, but that was my take. Who knows, both springs might be wound in the same factory.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had a set of Thurens on my 07 Powerwagon and they rode amazingly well.i had Carlis on at first but I prefered the ride of Dons. Not taking anything from Carli they are both quality springs, but on my PW Dons just rode smoother on and offroad .

Reactions: Alex.Neves

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, just ordered the thuren 3" coils a bit ago. After research and y'all's input I imagine I will be happy with the ride and ride height. Now I have to find some stock shock tower rings, because mine ended up in my scrap trailer when the level spacer was installed...... Thanks for everyone's input. You all helped with my decision!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm hoping so. 2 weeks isn't a long time to wait, but past experience, 2 weeks turns into 2 months. Not to say this would happen, but Ive had it happen before. If I can get them from CJC, that would be awesome. I should have looked before I ordered....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.