Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to create a build thread documenting my experiences with taking this truck from stock to installing Carli's latest 2.65 ACV production setup.

To start with, I picked up this 2006 QCSB 4x4 last month. It's a one owner truck driven by an older gentleman, a perfect canvas for a full build. Only mods so far are a Line-X bedliner and Jake Brake.

When it came to selecting a suspension system, I had quite a few options. After a bit of research and talking to others with suspended Dodges, I decided the Carli 2.65 ACV system would be the best fit for me. Sage's customer service is second to none, and from what I've heard, this system is going to be ideal for a daily driver that can also be called upon for some serious off-roading on weekends.

The following components will be used:

-Carli 2.65 ACV system with Sage's latest valving, Carli full rear leafs, Carli sway bar, Carli control arms

-08.5 steering with Carli stabilizer, eBay steering brace, etc.

-Walker Evans wheels with 5.75" backspacing wrapped with 37" BFG All Terrains

-Supporting mods such as Smarty, truss, etc. to come

I just got the wheels and tires mounted and balanced and picked up most of the suspension components from Carli.

In this thread I'll be documenting my experiences with installing and using this kit. The install begins tomorrow and should be complete by Sunday and ready for Glamis next week, where I'll test it out. Pics will be provided along the way. Hopefully this can be of help to somebody looking to purchase a suspension system for their truck.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I wish! My wife is about to pop! Our kids due date is 2/2! That is why I can't even run in the King of the Hammers this year! I can't get out of here until Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. I love it out west. I have got to get to Glamis some day..

JP
Pure Performance

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This is gonna be one cool thread

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
Looks like a got a good plan there.:thumbsup:

BTW,
I think that I met you out at SEMA with a few guys from DTX.:confused013:

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Atta boy!!! Thats a very clean looking truck!!! I can't wait to see the final product!

·
Vendor
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Air tools are coming out right now...

Chuck - Yeah we just decided a couple days ago, we will definitely be headed to Glamis Friday morning.

George - Yeah, you met my brother and I at SEMA. It was nice meeting you!

·
Vendor
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update! We got quite a bit done today. Here are some pics:

The last time it'll look like this:

My brother cheated to get the rear shocks in, using ratchet straps rather than letting the pressure out of the shocks

The rear leafs didn't take long and on we went to mounting the resirvoirs:

A nice, snug fit:

My brother tightening the lug nuts:

Next, the front end was stripped down and control arms were installed:

As it sits currently, on jack stands until tomorrow. We had to end early today to go watch our local Monster Jam event.

Thanks for looking! More updates tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
sweet, that is a cool build, i love those wheels

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
X2!!!

I am really diggin the wheel combo with the dark red. Why BFG???? Why o why are you going that to yourself?

BFG AT's are my favorite tire but it's now just the look of them!

·
Vendor
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again guys!

Ian - I didn't want to run a 37" mud terrain and I'm not a fan of how the Yokohama's look. While the BFG has been known to amplify death wobbles on a lot of these Dodges, I'll see how it works out since everything on the front end is getting replaced.

Anyhow, tools are ready and Travis (terribleone) is coming to help today, so more updates later on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Vendor
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update! Today ended up being a lot longer day than I had planned. For one, it ended up raining for a good part of the day which I did not expect. Second, we found a crack on the steering box, something that needed to be addressed immediately.

I called all around to find a replacement box, finally driving 30 miles to get this unit, an oem replacement with lifetime warranty:

Next up was getting the passenger side control arms tackled and installing the coils:

Next, the steering was connected, sway bar and steering brace installed, and power steering fluid run through the new steering box:

In order to install the sway bar, the truck had to be parked on all four wheels:

The front shocks are still down at Carli being finished up. I should be picking up and installing those, the shock towers, limit straps, and the lower stabilizer tomorrow. I'd really like to thank my brother, Travis, and Kyle for all their help with this project. More updates to come this week, but for now here's a sneak peek of the truck on all four wheels:

·
Registered
414 Posts
X2!!!

I am really diggin the wheel combo with the dark red. Why BFG???? Why o why are you going that to yourself?

BFG AT's are my favorite tire but it's now just the look of them!
Dont be hatin. Until I see someone do a cut away of a yoko and a BFG. Its the same tire in my eyes. Same Rating on both. The BFG is square to the road vs the yoko is round. they say the squareness inhibits the death wobble but when your rockin Dauling SS DW with these tires just doesn't happen.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Like I said they are my favorite tire but the problems I personally had with them will keep me from being super stoked on them again!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts