Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 2500 qc. laramie 4x4 auto short bed. I know that I want either a 6" or 8" kit to clear the wheels that I have already ordered. They are xd Monster 24x10. Depending on the lift I will either get Trail Grappler 38x13.50r24 if I go with 8", or either Terra Grappler, Falken, or Toyo 37x13.50r24s if I go with the 6" kit. I dont think I can afford Carli or Pure Performance kit. I am looking at Fabtech 6" long arm, or bds 8" long arm. Both of which I can get for around 2200. Has anyone heard of McGaughy's 8" lift kit and does anyone have an opinion on the Falken Wild Peak A/T tire? Dont really like the tires looking stuffed in the wells either....

·
Registered
1 Posts
For what it's worth, I feel your pain. I'm also going back and forth between a 6" BDS LA and an 8" BDS LA. I like the fact that they are built really well and the warranty is bulletproof. I have an 05 3500 SRW/4 door/cc/Cummins. My last truck was a 97 F-350 with a 6" lift & 35's. After getting used to the 6" lift, I always wished I had gotten a taller lift. I had 5.13 gears & detroit lockers front and back on it, and after 3 tranny's I decided to ditch that POS and get a Cummins. I haul firewood and misc out of the back woods alot, so I needed traction/clearance and some guts. My Dodge now is relatively stock outside of a Banks CAI & tool box/headache rack.

Not sure why I replied to your post, other than to BS I guess. I really don't have much to add, to help your decision,,, but I'd go with the 8" if you are contemplating it... (That's my thought today anyway). Good luck with the build man.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive heard some people have had problems getting bds to align properly

·
Registered
877 Posts
GO big the first time , because if you don`t after a while you`ll wish you had and then it will cost you more money to go higher. Buy the best system you can afford or save up until you have enough for the what you feel is the best kit. you get what you pay for!!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I agree. When trying to decide between lift height, tire size or wheel size, always go with the larger. If you don't, you will just regret it shortly. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loghomeman - what size lift are you running? your truck has the stance that I like. Also, do you know the offset on your wheels and do you get any rubbing?

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Go Carli and I agree skip the Falken's. My neighbor's F-250 unladen erased his in 20K. Discount credited him toward a set of Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cant afford carli, pure performance is reasonable and may be an option, but im just not sure there is a huge difference between the two, have never came across someone running one of their lifts and have no experience with either myself.

·
Diesel Head
2,692 Posts
8" holly heck!. I am running stock height and 35's and haven't found a situation to need to be taller... hope you don't plan in towing GN or a 5ver

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Pure performance will giv u the better ride for 8" lift

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definitely go with the 8" lift. You will regret it without a doubt if you don't. I had a 6" lift on my little single cab 1500, so that's what i did when I upgraded to my Cummins. Biggest mistake ever. I wish I had went with the 8 in every day. That and pay attention to your offset too. I didn't and I had some rubbing problems for a while. I reccomend the 8" lift from Rize. You should look into it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i found the wheels on ebay brand new for 1100$ from a guy with almost 7000 feedbacks and 98% positive.... just bought them on friday so i am waiting to order lift/tires until i have them here. im waiting on a "oh sorry we are out of stock" or something like that. if i dont get them i am going to probably go with the 22s and 37s with a 6" kit but if they do come i am still undecided on 37 or 38 and 6" or 8"....

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
244 Posts
i found the wheels on ebay brand new for 1100$ from a guy with almost 7000 feedbacks and 98% positive.... just bought them on friday so i am waiting to order lift/tires until i have them here. im waiting on a "oh sorry we are out of stock" or something like that. if i dont get them i am going to probably go with the 22s and 37s with a 6" kit but if they do come i am still undecided on 37 or 38 and 6" or 8"....
$1,100 for the set, or each? If that's the price for the set then that's a lot cheaper than other prices I've seen!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i know that is why i am waiting to see if they arrive or if the seller gives me some out of stock bs. before i buy my tires and lift... but like i said they had good feedback... i called them today and they said my order should ship today so we shall see..... if they do not make it i will probably just go with 22s but at that price i had to give it a try i will keep you posted and list the sellers id on here if they actually come because at that price they are cheaper than the 20s. needless to say i am more than a little skeptical at a deal that seems too good.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts