Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cant get truck to smoke

1616 30
HI I have a 2000 dodge cummins 4x4 longbed with the 24valve. i put a quadzilla adrenaline on it, it wouldent smoke all the time. when i let it idel for about 15 mins and took off it would blow smoke like a freight train and has a ton of power. for about 4-5 accelerations then it would haze back to no smoke and not as much power. SO i thought i wasent getting enof fuel. so i spent 650.00 on a Fass fuel 150/150-1008. put it on 45 mins ago took it for a ride. wouldent smoke at all. i need help please give me some advice on what could be wrong, this is my first diesel pickup and im getting really discusted with it not smokeing after 1500 in parts. please help
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
It sounds like your wire tap isn't connected good you might want to check that.

· Registered
55 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have bigger injectors in it yet? You have the programmer and the fuel delivery but you need to get something that will dump more fuel which is what will make it smoke.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
which wire tap the one on the injection pump? it actually losses power. about the injectors they are the stock ones i believe. i want to go with 200hp when i can afford them. it losses power and i dont know what the pressure is i dont have a guage in yet.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it still feels like it has more power than stock but not as much power as it had when it was blowing smoke.

· Registered
1,464 Posts
ok. you need to get a fuel pressure gauge so we know what your fuel pressure is. check the wire tap going to your injection pump and make sure it's making a good connection.

· Registered
1,654 Posts
which tune are you running? and are you comparings each time from the startoff? because mine (i know its not an adrenaline but its pretty much the same) will billow smoke at take off but not as much while im driving. It depends what gear your in and what your rpm is and how much boost your making at the time...

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on stage 10 when it blows smoke it hauls. it will blow alot of smoke off the line (after ideling for a few minits)and will have a really strong haze till i let off the accelerater. when its smoken. when its not smoken off the line as much i will usually get a little puff and thats it and dosent haul,

· Registered
347 Posts
check your tap @ the IP, double and triple check the connection. if it's good, check fuel pressure

you primed the FASS correctly?

do you the pulse or the little control pod?

· Registered
347 Posts
fill your sig out

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Agreed. Need to know what kinda mods you all got done with the truck, will help us diagnose the problem better. Regardless somethings not letting you get fuel.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i use the little control pod and i primed the fass by filling both filters with fuel.

· Registered
347 Posts
Did you bleed the fuel line itself, either @ the IP fitting or inj?

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ill try to find it to fill it out. new to the forum

· Registered
347 Posts
go to user CP and all the options are on the left hand side

· Registered
347 Posts
K, the tap on the IP is good?

completely remove the APPS to really get a good look and be able to access the wire

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just took it for a ride and another thing that i noticed that after i put the fass on my egt's are higher than they where before i dont know if it has any relavince but i figured id tell yall

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.