Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i get higher egts i have my fuel plate right out and afc arm removed. I dont think truck is pullin what it should and it does not smoke to much only when you stab the throttle

· Registered
212 Posts
you want high e.g.t.'s order a set of hoaky lazer cut d.v.'s and a set of 5x18's.:lol4::hehe:

· Registered
3,126 Posts
who wants high EGT's??? i would love 1100 im getting 1500 at full throttle

· Registered
3,126 Posts
well i only got 140's not 200's

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Pat your self on the back, if you are not blowing smoke and are under 1100 at WOT than you actually have your truck tuned right.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dono i just expect more , maybe i am high maintnance lol. plus i guess i dont think my tranny is workin worth the , so to get higher egt do you go bigger injectors. also my truck will only go to like2700 rpm

· Registered
3,126 Posts
ok...why do you want hight EGT's???? it makes no sense. And 2700 is all you are going to get with stock gov springs

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe it is just me doing a bad comparison, but i do work on 2 stroke sleds and you want them runnin at there max egt for optimum performance just figured a diesel would be the same

· Cummins Power Addict
991 Posts
Well, max EGT for a 12valve at it's rated output is 1250*... so you're almost there and probably beyond the rated output. You don't want it running at max EGT really, the cooler the better to a point.
What's your fuel pressure at when driving down the highway normal... and at WOT from highway speed?

· Registered
538 Posts
You guys are missing his point.

With the aneroid removed and plate pulled with a stock turbo the EGTs in his truck should be waaaay higher than what he is seeing and there should be plenty of smoke.

It sounds to me like you have a fuel delivery problem of some sort.

· Registered
3,126 Posts
but there stock injectors... maybe if he had aftermarket ones... but i would check the fuel pressure to be on the safe side

· Cummins Power Addict
991 Posts
Exactly my thoughts, I can run hotter at WOT, with not fully tuned up pump yet, stock injectors/turbo yet too.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where would you hook up a fuel pressere gauge and what would be some things to check for the fuel delivery problems

· Registered
241 Posts
just out of curiousity, where is your pyro probe located, before or after the turbo?

· Registered
538 Posts
but there stock injectors... maybe if he had aftermarket ones... but i would check the fuel pressure to be on the safe side
What does that have to do with anything? I've seen 1800+ degree temps on stock 180hp injectors and the typical pump mods.

where would you hook up a fuel pressere gauge and what would be some things to check for the fuel delivery problems
There should be a port on top of the fuel filter housing that you can attach one to on a '97.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it is before the turbo

· Registered
3,126 Posts
1800 with stock injectors is crazy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.