Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I performed the 67,500 service with replacement of the CCV filter and cleaning of the egr and egr cooling system. Did the reset procedure of 2 brake pedal, 2 slow accelerator pedal within 10 seconds and key off. Have done this at least 5 times but the indicator still comes on.

Is there a different reset method I am unaware of? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks much!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot get Perform Service Light to go off...

The procedure is slowly push the throttle 3 times in 10 sec.
Good Morning,

That particular procedure is to remove the "change oil" message. I tried that as well just to see, which it did not work either.

The procedure that everything I have found on multiple websites:

1) turn power on but don't start truck
2) Press brake pedal twice
3) Press and release the accelerator to the floor twice slowly within 10 seconds
4. Turn off power.

This procedure does not seem to be working for me...

Any other thoughts out there?

·
Go Packers
6,212 Posts
• Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. (Do not start the engine.)
• Press and release the brake pedal two times.
• Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
• Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
The message should now be erased. You can also do your favorite dance afterward!

This is from Geno's garage, on the procedure of what your doing. Sound like you are doing it correctly. Are you turning the key to the OFF/LOCK position when completed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same spot. I did the same service work, and now can't get the message cleared. Could it be something else not related to the CCV service?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Morning,

Yes... Doing exactly as stated...

the only thing I can think of is something is not right in the reassembly that is tripping the sensor to say I need to peform the service...

I don't know how I could install a CCV filter incorrectly...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good Morning,

Yes... Doing exactly as stated...

the only thing I can think of is something is not right in the reassembly that is tripping the sensor to say I need to peform the service...

I don't know how I could install a CCV filter incorrectly...
The service indicator is tripped by mileage. Try the procedure, but close all doors in the truck while doing it. When you are done and turn the key off, open the driver door, then you should be good. I had this situation happen with the oil change indicator and doing the door trick worked for me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 Ram 2500. Perform Service came on at incorrect mileage. Did recommended trick many times - that did not turn it off. Finally a BRAKE service indicator came up. Had a cranked front caliper. Had a complete brake job done including new front calipers and rotors. Now Perform Service is gone !!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
FWIW, I fought the same message without sucess until I discovered the message was indicating that an Injector was leaking into the crankcase and over filling the Oil Reservoir. If the message will not clear there may very well be another issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FWIW, I fought the same message without sucess until I discovered the message was indicating that an Injector was leaking into the crankcase and over filling the Oil Reservoir. If the message will not clear there may very well be another issue.
Would that not throw a check engine code? The preform service light on the 4th gens is just a mileage counter from what I’ve been told.

·
Registered
70 Posts
3SEVEN4,

On my 2011 it did not throw any codes. The only reason I 'figured it out' was that after a complete chage out of Injectors, Conector Tubes and Cross Overs we did a final oil change and the error message went away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts