Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my truck I paid for an additional bumper to bumper warranty of 5 year/ 100,000 miles. I purchased this at the dealer at the time of sale.

My question is, does anyone here have any experience cancelling a contract with this company? Any insights?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Why do you want to cancel it?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, getting any work done on my truck is a major headache with the mods I have done. That's not the dealer's fault, its mine. But I can't see paying $2,500 for something that is hit or miss.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There should be a address on the contract. Send them a registered mail stating that you wish to cancel. I did this with a ford that I sold back in 2002.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did they handle the cancellation/refund? Did they send you a check for the pro-rated amount? Send the money to your financing institution?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I nearly cancelled mine since they had the type of contract messed up and didn't look like it could be resolved. At that time, they told me I had to go back to the selling dealer. I'm not sure if that really is the case. Suppose you moved across country, huh? Of course I was talking with somebody that was sitting in India or something. :banghead: Verbal communications with them have always been a challenge.

BTW, Once I started to cancel, my contract was fixed in less than a day. Go figure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had my extended warranty canceled on my car. Just had to send a letter to the company requesting a cancellation. They sent the check to my lien holder. Every company is a bit different though....

·
Registered
24 Posts
canceled contract on pos ford

my 6.4 ford blew the stock engine at 11k.....so i cancelled the long term contract, dealer did the paper work...got a check in about 10 days....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
If you own the title of the truck (own it out right) then they prorate the warranty refund and send you the check. If you have it finance then the lien holder gets the check and is applied to your account balance w/ it being prorated like above.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I talked to Care Care and the dealer and its non-refundable. It says it on section L of the contract - it can only be cancelled if the truck is repossesed or totaled.

That's my fault for not reading the fine print. So basically, I'm stuck with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts