Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MOOB ADMIRER!
2,452 Posts
I don't understand? What are you talking about?

Yes you can change a 4wd to a 2wd, and a srw to a dually.... but your question doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Yes you can convert a dually to a srw, I'm not sure how they do it though. You'll have to get a srw bed though, dually beds are cut up higher around the wheel wells.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Good question, I would say try this site. It says it will convert just about anything to anything else.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Just take dually wheels off change the 5/8 studs to 9/16 or 1/2 and put regular wheels on. Or take dually axle out and put SRW axle on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Depends on what year..On My 94 and up to 98. the bed are all the same from fackory all they do is bolt on the fenders and cut a huge hole for the fill spout,(but you'll have to change the bed) And to put stock wheels back on all you do is remove wheels and Adaptors, you have to get lug nuts for single wheels also (one's with the tapper on them)

·
Registered
167 Posts
:doh:what??

·
Registered
670 Posts
Good question, I would say try this site. It says it will convert just about anything to anything else.
haha! I think I'm one of the only who noticed that.

Reactions: Wet_Thud

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was windering if you could change a dually 4x4 to a reg two wheel cab
i think that a dually 4x4 uses the same cab as a "reg two wheel."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just dont want a dually but ive found one close to my location anwas wondering if it was possible that way i can get what im looking for

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
you will either need to change the rear end or put some spacers on to accomadate regular wheels, a dually rear end is narower than a single wheel one. the front will also need some changes, i think it's as simple as taking off the spacers, and of corse the bed, if you would drive to southern ILL i have a W250 that i want to make a dually out of, we can swap parts.

But i will have to say your parts need to be nice because mine are.

Dar

·
MMMM......BACON!!!
2,652 Posts
instead of converting one, why don't you just wait until the one you are looking for comes along?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts