Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because i think mine is acting up i put a boost elbow on and it still only hits 20 psi. could the wastegate be stuck open?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think your problem is fuel. If you aren't dumping any extra fuel you are going to have a hard time building boost even with the boost elbow. A chip will help some....but stock injectors still only flow so much fuel.

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
If you had a box/programmer of some sort or bigger injectors, you would see more boost, but not running stock.
MORE FUEL=MORE BOOST
The stock injectors are not the problem, it's lack of fuel.
With my Adrenaline and stock injectors, I can hit 43psi no problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you had a box/programmer of some sort or bigger injectors, you would see more boost, but not running stock.
MORE FUEL=MORE BOOST
The stock injectors are not the problem, it's lack of fuel.
With my Adrenaline and stock injectors, I can hit 43psi no problem.

Thats what I was saying fuel is the problem...or lack of it......Chip or injectors will help.....just saying that the stock injectors will only flow so much fuel even with a chip.....I have a edge juice with stock injectors and i have tried 2 different wastegate elbows 1 of which was adjustable so u could shut it all the way off. I never completely closed it off but got close to it and still it never made that much difference. I can hit 30 PSI if I lug it but other than that if i keep it wound i can only get 25 Psi. ...Hence I need more fuel too if i am going to see higher boost (injectors are my next step)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts