Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rig in sig.
Keeping a long, long story short: Mechanic of sorts worked on the truck. Im trouble shooting vacuum lines - another story.

Theres some stuff not right.
TOP: what is this connected to at the green point. It leads to two grounds grouped together from the same lug, not fastened down.
BOTTOM: This isn't locked in place, just kinda 'in there'. What is this cable or tube?

Both are drivers side. The guys long gone so another story, pretty pissed.
Thank you very much!

·
On call 24/7
12,502 Posts
Top one is grid heater relay and I believe the other is the throttle cable

·
Registered
11 Posts
second picture would be your throttle valve cable. there should be a white clip that holds that line at adjustment, but it looks like you're missing that clip. Unfortunately, i don't think they sell just the clip so you might be looking at replacing the whole cable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top one is grid heater relay and I believe the other is the throttle cable
Grid heater, never heard of it. Is it apart of the engine block heater? Throttle cable...... damn it is, ****.:mad:
TY 98

second picture would be your throttle valve cable. there should be a white clip that holds that line at adjustment, but it looks like you're missing that clip. Unfortunately, i don't think they sell just the clip so you might be looking at replacing the whole cable.
Not good. Thank you. Not only that clip you mention, but it looks like this area is suppose to be forward, twisted and locked in place. Does it look like that to you? And the cable basically hanging in there by a prayer. 🤬

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
grid heater preheats the air going into the engine for cold starts. Cummins did not use glow plugs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grid heater preheats the air going into the engine for cold starts. Cummins did not use glow plugs
Thank you! Looking at it now. Huh, a heater that heats the air going into the motor on starts. Who knew? 😄 So that goes down to the relay as mentioned. Yeah, the 'mechanic' never bothered to putting it back on the (+) battery post.
cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Grid heater, never heard of it. Is it apart of the engine block heater? Throttle cable...... damn it is, ****.:mad:
TY 98

Not good. Thank you. Not only that clip you mention, but it looks like this area is suppose to be forward, twisted and locked in place. Does it look like that to you? And the cable basically hanging in there by a prayer. 🤬

not to sure about the whole inner workings on that cable but i think there's a spring in there that keeps tension. summit sells that whole cable assembly for $60.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thank you! Looking at it now. Huh, a heater that heats the air going into the motor on starts. Who knew? 😄 So that goes down to the relay as mentioned. Yeah, the 'mechanic' never bothered to putting it back on the (+) battery post.
cheers
You don’t know **** about diesels do you? 😂😂😂

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just so you know, you aren’t going to find many vacuum lines on a diesel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts