Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that I could crack an injector with some aftermarket modules that plug into map sensor. Is there any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Well too much rail pressure can crack a fuel injector. A good way to keep an eye on that is a rail pressure gauge. Quadzilla makes an economical rail pressure gauge.

·
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. Looks like this may be the next purchase

·
Registered
210 Posts
it was run on the high setting all the time, i'm looking for a different box to replace it but other then cracken injectors its not bad for a box to run.

·
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had mine on, with a RKL extreme stack puff download. After awhile my truck developed a stutter at around 1200rpm. Then I read about the crack, and i came home unplugged the puck, turn the predator down, and my truck cleared up.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I hear that the puck itself is a rather aggressive rail pressure box...I'm just running the smarty revo software right now...I don't think the regular revo has enough fuel, but it does run good and it's got my rail pressure up to about 20K PSI cruising on the highway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts