Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Can my VP take it ??

2474 Views 60 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  01 silver bullet
Ok guys I am lookin at gettin some 250 horse mach 6 or 7 injectors but i need to know if my Hotrod VP can hold up to they're demands for fuel or if i am just going to lock the VP up ?? Should i swap it out with a Raptor pump or somethin else ?? Poor planning on my part here i wasnt looking into the future at the time....:doh:
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
What Fuel system do you have? actually What is your Fp, You should be ok, I am running mach 6s (220s) with a so VP, And I have a guy running Mach 7s,With the reman HO Pump and so far so good, Ive got probably 20 1/4 mile runs with my 6s and 5k miles daily driving and its sweet, I also have a guy running 5s with a 64 and its a sweet setup, egts are In check also

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What Fuel system do you have? actually What is your Fp, You should be ok, I am running mach 6s (220s) with a so VP, And I have a guy running Mach 7s,With the reman HO Pump and so far so good, Ive got probably 20 1/4 mile runs with my 6s and 5k miles daily driving and its sweet, I also have a guy running 5s with a 64 and its a sweet setup, egts are In check also
My fuel pressure NEVER drops below 22psi so I know im gettin plenty of fuel up to the VP and i got your PM im sendin ya one back now :thumbsup:

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MJD91 I live out in Manor just east of Austin

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You live in the same town as 4x4 Cody.
Maybe whats his last name ?? i might have run into him a time or two...i dont live right in manor i just tell people that cause no one knows where Cele is at

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heck yeah! studs AND Orings for me, over 80psi!
I would put some studs in for sure!
His name is Cody and he drives a dually with 8" chrome stacks. You can't miss it. Lol
HAHAHA yeah i was gonna stud the heads while i was doing the injectors anyway just figured i would ask !!!

and MJD i think ive seen him running around sometimes

· Registered
6,585 Posts
Did ya'll have to stud the head or anything for those ?? how boost are you pushin ????
not yet, but soon. i can spin my hx35 past 40psi with just injecotrs.

im planning on doing a turbo, p&p, valve springs, o rings, studs, and a few little other odds and ends to the head in the next few months. (my little reward for getting out of debt and selling some stuff :headbang:)

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not yet, but soon. i can spin my hx35 past 40psi with just injecotrs.
im planning on doing a turbo, p&p, valve springs, o rings, studs, and a few little other odds and ends to the head in the next few months. (my little reward for getting out of debt and selling some stuff :headbang:)
haha yeah im waiting for tax returns to do my injectors and head studs....im torn between either injectors or a ported and polished head and cam....what ya think ??

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm pushing around 45psi right now with no studs :party018: and haven't lifted a head.....YET. Decisions decisions decisions....

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
trod i hope you at least have your stock bolts torqued down to specs.....
Indeed....im going to get them torqued to 125lbs by a guy I know. Its a long process but it well get me though until i get head studs. Anyone done the 125lbs of torque on stock head bolts ??

· Premium Member
8,065 Posts
im torn between either injectors or a ported and polished head and cam....what ya think ??
Do the head. Then you dont have to worry about blowing it and the porting will help everyday. You can always do injectors later in an hour, takes a while to do the head.

· Registered
1,472 Posts
i only recomend a max of 7x12's for an SO and 7x14's for a hot rod vp.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.