Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2010 Ram 3500 Dually with 155k on it. Test drove great, once I started putting miles on it the turbo started acting up. Much to my disappointment. The exhaust brake would occasionally not turn off when I got back on the throttle and it would act as though my pedal was dead. I’ve had the check engine light come on with emissions codes, once with an inter cooler differential code. I, of course, thought “what a horrible purchase” (coming from an 06 Cummins QC SB). Since I started having these difficulties I’ve started manually shifting my trans, spending more time towing near 2k RPM, occasionally normal driving closer to 2k RPM. I’m knocking on wood now, seems the issues have taken a vacation perhaps. Truck is still fully intact, I want to delete, but I’m not sure what to buy and the tuning required. Could most of my issues be from the emissions equipment and not spending enough time near Re-Gen RPM? Is my turbo actuator failing? Is my turbo failing. Exhaust brake will pulse while towing and decelerating down hill. Not sure of where to go now.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
De javu, except my 12 was already deleted. I drove it <2k miles and I got mechanical codes on the turbo. I wasn't going to wait to see if it would unwear itself out so I put on the BD kits, with no regrets. I kicked the vgt around my garage til I finally disected it and the vane ring had a deep groove in it where it hung up. Craig

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It was already tuned and deleted so it just needed small changes to get the most out of the fixed vane turbo and exhaust brake. Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts