Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

can i use 37's with...

1236 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  elephantrider
ok guys heres my deal...

I have a 2" kore leveling kit on my truck now...i want to put my stock wheels back on with 37's. I have been told i cant do that. is that true?? is there any way i could put like 1/2" spacers on? i dont like when the tires stick out alot if its a little thats ok. or is the other option just putting a 1 or 2" body lift on the front to get clearance?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know so can i put spacers in to make it better?? or do a body lift on the front...small on??

· Registered
167 Posts
Wheel spacers? if you push wheel out it will rub more. Like DWRAT said anything over a 35 will rub a LOT when you turn especially if you flex it out. If you want no rub go with a 33, 35's should be fine with a small amount of rub all depends on type of tire.

· Registered
142 Posts
Search for the "Stock with big meat" article. There is a guy running stock suspension and stock wheels with 37s Goodyears. he says no rubbing except on the upper control arm at full lock.

· Registered
167 Posts
Search for the "Stock with big meat" article. There is a guy running stock suspension and stock wheels with 37s Goodyears. he says no rubbing except on the upper control arm at full lock.
hum... im guessing fender and bumper trimming..:confused013: i will have to check that out.

· Registered
743 Posts
My bros truck had 37" Cooper MT's on stock rims and suspension I seen first hand how much you need to make them work. They rubbed on control arms, sway bar, and the front fender liner. And if you hit a bump on a bit of a turn they hit.

NOT a good choice IMO for any truck that is used for anything more then sitting.

I rub 37x12.50 on stock rims with a 6" lift on my control arms, physics tell me they will rub a lot more on the arms with no lift!

Unless you plan to lift it later on, don't do it. A leveling kit won't really help you. Plus IMO they looked so stuffed and just look terrible.

· Registered
85 Posts
I have basically the same set-up as this guy with 37. Mine is Goodyear Wrangler GS-A 37X12.5X17 on stock rims and no lift. Like this guy mine only rubs on both left and right controls arms at full luck.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok well what if i put skyjacker coil springs on?? i was told they would lift it up 2" more then the kore ones...is that true??

· Registered
476 Posts
With a 3" leveling kit on my 03 ram I ran 37's with the factory wheels. Rubbed the control arms at full turn that was about it. No fender problems whatso ever. I liked this setup better than the 4.5" fabtech with my procomp wheels. The truck looked pretty tough. Put a 1" spacer on top of the Kore and I feel sure it will work with no problems. I think it will work with just the Kore kit by iteself as long as you have factory wheels. Anykind of wheel with offset more than factory will screw you.

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I would think with stock wheels, your BS would save you from rubbing control arm. I can't vouch for fender though
Stock wheels could give him rubbing on the control arms, the H2's I have move the tire out about an inch but then you're REAL close at the fenders, my 35's rub on my mud flaps.
I think he should stick to 35's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.