Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to send my tips in to get them extruded but want to make sure I can support them for a while. I"m in school right know so I don't have the money for a bunch of mods till I start working again. I want them 60% which they said was 100hp to the ground. i'm worried about my fueling running the rail dry so on. I will eventually get a fass or something this summer. what else do I need to get to be able to support these for now? I'll probably get an arsen kit or something later on.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
IMO, you'd be better off with a programmer or module before injectors...

The only way to know if your CP3 can keep up with them, though, is with a rail pressure gauge...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a smarty now. I was told the if I went over 100hp I would have to do something with my cp3 and I don't want to do that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I believe I am really pushing the limits of the stock CP3 right now, as yesterday playing around with the MP-8 and Crazy Larry I was pouring smoke and then it started to miss and died. Started right back up with no problems, but I believe it was a drained rail(any advice would be great). You can get the CP3 mod for under $300 on here, or a performance shop with the right tools can do it most likely.

Zach

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ram, that is my problem... hahaha. New lift pump and CP3 mod are gonna be in over summer hopefully. I usually don't run it that high. Just run the BD on performance, and still trying how to get the MP-8 for best mileage. Any advice on lifts, CP3 mods, and how to set the MP-8?

Thanks,
Zach

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I want to send my tips in to get them extruded but want to make sure I can support them for a while. I"m in school right know so I don't have the money for a bunch of mods till I start working again. I want them 60% which they said was 100hp to the ground. i'm worried about my fueling running the rail dry so on. I will eventually get a fass or something this summer. what else do I need to get to be able to support these for now? I'll probably get an arsen kit or something later on.

With out a fuel system you will be pushing it and a rail pressure gauge is a must. I've drained mine more than once even with the airdog and stock tips! I know it wont add as much HP as the tips but you might be better off buying the fuel system first. And I'm kind of curious what does it cost to have the tips extruded if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What I'm getting at is your CP3 may or may not be the problem. If your lift pump is not doing its job, and being stock it probably isn't. That can cause your rail issue.

Like I said above, even with 90hp injectors, my CP3 is still stock with 0 rail pressure issues. :thumbsup
Ah you beat me to it! We even posted the same minute!

I'd have to agree though, your running a dual feed line right? How much did that help your rail pressure?

·
Registered
129 Posts
stock cp3's can USUALY handle the 90's and a smarty on kill......
i was able to make 450 on stockers (with a little meth )tho...... whats your goal?
a buddie made a verry hot 490 with 90's and a smarty , like 1500+ degrees.... and thats with a " masaged " turbo...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want to have to do anything with the cp3 I will do a turbo eventually but I won't do anything other then a smarty and injectors maybe a tst but prolly not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
well, think of it this way, a set of 90's and the smarty on #3 will be adding more fuel than smarty alone on #9. turbo's not going to be an option unless you like it hot.

once again what kind of hp goal do you have? auto or man? unless you are looking for 900+ hp a tst probably shuldnt realy be a concern. get your tranny mods knocked out while cheep ( not broken) get a fuel supply, then a turbo, then injectors.

do you normaly put a roof on a house before pouring the foundation?

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,126 Posts
look into to wabro 392, arson kit is a very good kit you will be able to handle to around 120 injectors with the arson kit.

last weekend at the dyno event i was at this guy had 100 injectors and the smarty and a fass and a 64/71/13 turbo and layed down 490hp he had stock cp3 on his truck and a good clutch

the smarty was on 9 also dont know what tune

1 - 15 of 15 Posts